cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Type Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi evryone,

We have a scenario in which the client has migrated documents from an old PDM system to SAP DMS .

Now there are some 1000 documents which have been migrated with a wrong document type & we want to change the

document type of those documents.

Is there any way this can be accomplished?What is the recommended way of doing it ?

Hoping to hear from you all.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

-Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Kindly follow follwoing steps for this:

1. If you have a program available for the migration then correct the document types which are incorrectly transferred and then reupload these documents from old to new.

2. If you don't have program of old system available. Then write a bdc for these documents in new systen and run it all records will get updated.This can be achived with help of abap'r. use t-code SHBD.

Hope this will reolve the query.

- Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

t-code SHDB it was typing error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Thanks for your reply but as far as I am aware for using the BDC the change has to be possible with the tcode...like

if I want to change the sales doc type then we change it in VA02 n then this change is actually done to the DB tables via

BDCs. Please let me know if I am wrong. So in my case since we cannot change the doc type in CV02N, I feel we cannot use BDCs here.

Thanks again.

Regards

-Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Why BDC not ? you can use BDC to upload the correct data and making older one (incorrect) to be archived.Discuss with expert abap'r.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra