cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in referencing Java Classes from Server Component DC in WD & EJB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a situation where a team of developers require to access a set of Simple Java Classes in their various DCs of types WebDynpro and EJB. In order to provide everyone with access to same set of classes, these classes were added to a Java DC Project and later deployed on the WAS using a Server Component DC.

For developing DC projects and building them a compilation unit Public Part

of type API was made for the Java DC.

My Question is how do I give my WebDynpro and EJB DCs a reference to these classes

at runtime without which I face java.lang.NoClassDefinitionFound error.

Also, can we/should we provide a reference in the Library Reference and Sharing Reference properties of the WebDynpro DC or will it resolve such

references on its own when the appropriate DCs are added in the used DCs part.

What is the significance of the Public Part of type Assembly (SDA) and when should it be used.

Suppose we have a case where two webdynpro development components need to be integarted

(One is added in the others used Web Dynpro Components) and each of these DCs have int their used DCs an API Public Part and a SDA Public Part for a Java DC containing simple Java Classes, will the server have problems at runtime resolving which Java Class is to be linked to the application because each WD DC deploys its copy of the Java Dcs SDA Public Part unit.

Please help in this regard

Smruti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smruti,

for the WebDynpro DCs: Add a Library Reference to the Server Component.

for the EJB: You can't define that in the EJB directly, you must add a reference to the Server Component in the application-j2ee-engine.xml of the EAR that assembles the EJB.

If you reference both assembly and compilation public parts from your Java DC in the Server Component Library DC, then the content of the "compilation" public part should automatically be forwarded to the compilation public part of the Server Component DC. Some people consider that easier as the build-time dependency is then the same as the runtime-dependency.

I don't quite understand your question about public parts and SDAs. An SDA is a build result that can be deployed on the J2EE engine. A public part is a build-time element that is used for compilation (think javac-classpath) or assembled (EJB module put into EAR).

Regards,

Marc