Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need RICEF Security specfifications for Interfaces and Conversions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need RICEF security specfications for Interfaces and Conversions. Can anyone provide any input on this.

Regards

Plaban

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The specifications requirements differ from one system to the other and there is no pre-defined template. The interfaces and conversions associated should be identified by the functional SAP team members and provide the functional specs, based on which the interfaces can be created and any further developments/program changes can be carried out with the RICEF object.

R (Reports), I (Interfaces), C (Conversion), E (Enhancements), F (Forms) has to be study as a whole rather than individual to maintain it in a right way.

Have you identified for R, E, F? Please provide your exact requirement, to make the other experts understand and provide the right solution.

Warm Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

I will give example on normal Security aspects for RICEF such as required Customized t-code/table/program/job/field . These are the aspects which are considered from Security perspextive in relation to reports/forms.

Like wise , i need security considerations for Interfaces(BAPI, BADI, BDC, ALE, etc...) and Conversions.

0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. As mentioned, as per my knowledge there is no specific guideline/template that you may adapt while designing the security design for the Interfaces and Conversions.

However, the most common issues that occurs with IDOCs is with file interfaces are related to file permissions, file ownership and character conversions moving between platforms.

Ensure that the appropriate authorization (read/write and with filters) authorization is provided. Identify the various levels of authorizations required and implement the same.

Further, most issues with ALE interfaces are with RFC user ID permissions. Ensure that the appropriate and only the Required authorization is provided to these IDs. This way you can tighten the authorization to the specific level. You may need to completely test the functionality before implementing this.

It is always important to understand these limitations during the functional design. If any specific additional functionality is required, you may need to have a custom based solution.

Hope this answers your question!!

Warm Regards,

Raghu