Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble shooting File to Idoc scenario: wrong Idoc structure in target

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working in an file to idoc scenario. Now the scenario is running but the idoc I am sending from SAP XI is not matching with one received in SAP R/3 system. This is not a new scenario. The scenario was already existing. I have done structural changes in Idoc structure and re-imported it in SAP XI. When the iodoc reaches SAP R/3 system I check its structure and data content. 4 of its fields are missing all 4 were newly added fields. Data from some fields are getting merged into one field within Idoc. data from one field is moving onto other fields in target. I have refreshed the metadata using IDX2 transcation within SAP XI but still getting same result.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check the the segement which was changed in R3 has been released. If you are testing in Quality system then make sure R3 changes have been transported.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Thanks a lot for you advice.

I am quite new to SAP XI. Can you please explain the term release in SAP r/3 system.

Hi All,

one more information I would like to add up here. previously it was BPM1 which was sending idocs to SAP r/3 system now I have created a new BPM say BPM2 which is sending the same idoc to SAP r/3 system. The receiver agreement settings and all other settings in integration directory remains the same except the name change from BPM1 to BPM2. Is there any changes that I must do in sap r/3 system? since the source BPM has changed.

Thanks

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SAP R/3 and check the segment structure is same as what exists in the R/3...

if any changes made in the R/3 for the idoc segments need to release the same (activate the same in SAP R/3)

HTH

Rajesh

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh and Sarvesh,

Thanks a lot . your suggestions has solved my problem. ABAP expert in our team , Sheron has released the segment change and our problem is over.

regards

Anupam

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please suggest the way to assign forum points to Rajesh and Sarvesh. I am trying to do so but unable to.

Thanks

Anupam

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Thanks a lot. I was stuck with this problem for 10 days.

regards

Anupam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you able to see the new Idoc structure in PI mapping, is mapping test working fine with new structure?

try cache refresh.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am able to see the changed idoc structure in IR. I have also tried cache refresh. I am trying to explain my problem once again with example.

Source Idoc in XI

fieldname data

f1 d1

f2 d2

f3 d33

f4 d4

f5 d5

Idoc structure received in SAP R/3 system. I am seeing through we02 transcation, inbound idoc

fieldname data

f1 d1

f2 d2

f4 d33d4

I have tried cache refresh, IDx2 metadata refresh, but no improvement of the situation.