cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic PM order release and print

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to automate the process of PM order release and Print.

Using IP30 I can schedule and create the orders using a batch job but I now want to release and print those orders as part of that process.

Does anyone know of standard fucntionality that I can schedule to make this happen.

Right now the Release and Print function is done using IW38 manually on a weekly basis by a person but I want this bit automated using a batch job if possible.

thanks,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

You will have to develop a batch program to Print the shop paper through IW38 .There is no standard functionality to accomplish this.

The other way is to set auto-release of order type during create and then use that as a trigger to call the print function (Custom development) directly or through IW38.

Regards

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create Z transaction ZIW38 by coping the IW38 and then add button to this Z tcode as collective release of Work orders

Get the ABAPERs to work on this issue

Regards

pratap

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can tell that you can have a setting for the release of the work order, this is a confirguration setting for the order types you can select release immediately which will allow the IP30 transaction to create the work orders and release the work order. For printing you might have to set up the print parameters. The path for the configuration of the work order types is - SPRO>Plant maintenance and Customer service>Maintenance and Service processing>Maintenance and Service Orders>Fucntions and Settings for Order types--> Configure Order types. Here tick the release immediately option in the order type for which you want the IP30 to create, release and print work orders.

Hope it helps.

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

The config setting will enable the order to be released upon creation but not so sure about automatic printing can you confirm please?

thanks,

Dave