cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog process hang and can not be cancelled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In SM50, a dialog process was running with error. It was obviously hang, but I can't cancel it.

Everytime I use "cancel with core" or "cancel without core", the only thing changed was the PID. It changed a PID and kept running.

Even I logged into application server and kill the process in task manager, it would run again with a new process id?

Any idea how I can cancel it, Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dpmon didn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I can see in SM50, the report name is: RSFHGEN2 and it has been running for more than 30 hours.

Sorry I didn't include this information in my questions.

Thanks,

Jason

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check whether any background job running with this report, if so, try to stop the job and then click on check status menu.

If still the problem exists, then restart of application is only the option.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the process id changes, then the process was in fact restarted. This looks like a SAP kernel issue. I suggest you have a quick reading of SAP note [1458503 - Blocking work processes: Many R0M syslog entries|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1458503]

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I don't see any background job running related to this report or the user.

Yes, I guess eventually I will need to recycle the instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the note. Yes, the job was definately restarting itself.

But our kernel is 7.01 0094 which is not in the affected kernel version in the note.

The user is still logged in the system, do you think logging off user may help?

Thanks,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try to logoff the user, but i am not sure if this will help.

I am a bit confused, could you please either share a screenshot, or just copy paste the text from SM50.

Something like this would be very helpful:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  No.|Ty.|PID  |Status |Reasn|Start|Err|Sem|CPU|  Time|Report                     |Cl.|User    |Action|Table|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   5 |DIA|21149|Waiting|     |Yes  |   |   |   |      |                           |   |        |      |     |
|   6 |DIA|5708 |Running|     |Yes  |   |   |   |     1|GP4JPFULQXLNZRBMX8BN0FHIERD|603|User2   |      |     |
|   7 |DIA|964  |On Hold|Debug|Yes  |   |   |   |   193|Z_BI_EXTRAKT_SCHMETRIX     |603|User1   |      |     |
|   8 |DIA|10115|Waiting|     |Yes  |   |   |   |      |                           |   |        |      |     |

After each restart the Err count will increase, this is usual behavior.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to logoff user systewide from SM04 and then check whether the user is still logged on (al08 if you have multiple servers).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the late response, please see the process info below:

No. Ty. PID Status Reasn Start Err Sem CPU Time Report Cl. User Action Table

0 DIA 4824 Running Yes SAPLTHFB 103 U403138

1 DIA 6424 Running Yes 1 293246 RSFHGEN2 103 U536676

2 DIA 8204 Waiting Yes

3 DIA 3952 Waiting Yes 1

4 DIA 8336 Waiting Yes 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well it is definitely not the issue i was suspecting first.

So if this is a one time issue so far, then i would try to log off the user . If that doesn't help you should restart the sap instance. If this happens repeatedly, then i would open a OSS message and consider to patch the kernel to the current level.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

If its running under one username only ,,just try to lock that user temporary and then kill the DIA or BGD process related.

It happens to me also , but issue was one background job scheduled every 30 min and some how it start runing long for 2-3 days so even if you will cancel one next will start automatically as more than 100 jobs were in ready state .

Check if something is there in your system as well.

Best is to get some suitable time for system restart.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the situation is job specific, then it might be interesting to have a developer using the abap debugger to check if the job is still doing something at all, or if it is just stuck.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both, Michael and Gagan.

This is one time issue and only happened on this user.

The strange thing was I even can not log off the user now.

The last statement of the work process was sql statement " select * from "IACFL" FOR FETCH ONLY WITH UR".

According to our DBA, there was already no connection from the user to DB.

Any way, I guess I will seek an opportunity to recycle the instance.

Thanks for you help again.

Regards,

Jason

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the let us know, what is that job exactly running ??

Thanks

Anil

former_member763005
Participant
0 Kudos

try killing it from dpmon..Also let us know what is the job..