cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Complete Sales Cycle

samjalees2000
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any shortcut to completely delete the sales cycle including sales order,delivery,pgi,invoice and accounting document and all the impact are reversed as there were some major issues in the data entry and there is no other wayout.I have to bring the sd module to the state of"new born".Help!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

then clean up the tables and keep the cleaned information in archive.

From my little experience in systems implementation, support and administration, one phenomenon that has contradicting meaning depending on the context in which it is used is archiving or data archiving. Often times, IT professionals tend to confuse the term with concepts such as data reorganization, fragmentation, document imaging, backup and restore among others. Even in the SAP world, some technical professionals takes data archiving to be synonymous with terminologies such as SAP Archive Link and DART.

While I do not intend to do a compare and contrast these phenomenons in this post, I think it is expedient to clearly define what data archiving is in the context of SAP. I will also give an overview of how data is archived and the benefits of data archiving in SAP.

What is Data Archiving?

Data Archiving is a decongestion process used to delete large volume of data that is no longer needed from a database and storing same outside the database in a format that allows for data retrieval and analysis when need be. The emphasis here are on u201Cdeletingu201D and u201Cstoringu201D. It is common knowledge that if a database is left to grow unmaintained, there is a possibility of having performance bottlenecks and high database maintenance cost. Hence, one of the ways to maintain the database is to delete records that can be termed obsolete. The word u201Cobsoleteu201D is relative. For the archiving process to be complete, data has to be stored using a defined method.

How is data archived?

The data archiving run follows a sequence of steps. A brief overview is provided below.

1. Creation of the archive file: During an archive run, the write program first creates archive files which initiates the reading process (from the database) and the consequent writing process (to the archive file)

2. Storage of the archive file: After successful run of step 1, the created archive files are stored. A number of methods can be leveraged to store an archive file. Archived files can be stored hierarchically, optically or manually. It is important to state that SAP does not recommend the manual storage of archive file. This is as a result of some standardization issues

3. Deletion of data: This step terminates the archive run. Before data is deleted from the database, the program first read the content of the archive file. It is after this task, that the program deletes the corresponding entry from the database.

Benefits of Data Archiving

1. Reduced Backup and Restore time

2. Reduced access time for tables

3. Reduced database administration cost

4. Reduced downtime for system upgrade

5. Reusability of data

Regards,

balajia

samjalees2000
Participant
0 Kudos

I only need to delete the transactional data.The master data will be as it is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is possible but you have to take plenty of abapers support on that,

for that you need to have the list of FRICE related to sales order, delivery and billing and accouting document in with you what SAP has developed and then we can do it nothing is impossible

regards,

balajia.