cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 DIRs from different SAP systems connect to same original file on CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are migrating SAP DMS from system A to B; system A has CS configured as C1.

Now the plan is to migrate only the metadata from A and keep the originals in C1. we do table inserts in system B - DRAW, DRAP, DRAt,etc..including Kpro tables.

After inserts, DIRs and originals are visible correctly.

Please suggest if this approach is correct.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Surjit,

from my point of view I would not recommend you to use the same CS originals in different systems. Because for each orignial file an unique LOIO- and PHIO-ID is created which is used to get this file from the content server.

If now an original is checked out in system A and checked in again a new PHIO-ID is generated. So another user in system B

is no longer able to edit this original file because here the former PHIO-ID is still stored in the DMS database tables.

So I would recommnend you to not use the same Content Server data in different systems.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophf,

This is the same scenario as of our client. We had done the migration keeping same content server for storing originals and migrated meta-data in new system B. Now is there any approach to rectify this mistake, as linkage to the old system can be removed once the new system (B) would be stabilized, which would impact on Originals stored.

Suggestions awaited.

Regards,