Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am getting error in Communication channel as below

"Conversion of file content to XML failed at position 0: java.lang.Exception: ERROR converting document line no. 2 according to structure 'Item':java.lang.Exception: ERROR in configuration / structure 'Item.': More elements in file csv structure than field names specified!"

Pls let me know how to rectify this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anumohan,

In case your csv has more fields than the xml fields, you can use the following conversion parameter

NameA.additionalLastFields = ignore.

For more details refer to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks & Regards,

Sidhartha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All....

Thanks to everyone..

I added the parameter NameA.additionalLastFields = ignore & it worked....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhartha,

I am having the almost same error with Anu in our communication channel. Where should I add the code that you have given? When I have tried adding, it was not reflecting. I don't know if there's something wrong in my code or what. Should I add this NameA.additionalLastFields = ignore specifically? Or is this just a representation? Hoping for your reply. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

You have just added that parameter and it worked? On which part should I add that parameter?

Thanks!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

adalid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi fellas !

I recommend you to check the format of the source file, usually it's required as .CSV (or depending of the CC setup), hence if this file is saved with different format you will get this dump.

Regards,

Adal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi ,

>

> I am getting error in Communication channel as below

>

> "Conversion of file content to XML failed at position 0: java.lang.Exception: ERROR converting document line no. 2 according to structure 'Item':java.lang.Exception: ERROR in configuration / structure 'Item.': More elements in file csv structure than field names specified!"

>

> Pls let me know how to rectify this

Ur File Strucuture contains more fields than which you have specified in the FCC..Kindly check it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an issue with the FCC in channel.

Can you post here the FCC and data structure required ?

-Supriya.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the error description it self giving clue