cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Problem Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working in a developement project.Our project is gone live for 2 stores but for that also we are facing major performance issue.Al most all the reports are getting timed out for a store data.We have already done performance tuning from ABAP side.Is there any oother parameters like buffer or database tuning can be done. I initially checked with ST02 where swaps is very high.Is there any problem with that? Is there any role of buffer tuning in this peoblem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Performance is a very vast topic. It not possible to answer your query until you provide your SAP version, database and OS. Also check the time_out dumps and do analysis. What's going on in SM50 when you execute you program. Check you CPU, Memory utilizations and are there any IO wait?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SAP version ECC 6 and OS Windows XP 2002 with service pack 3.How ever i don know the database version.

While i am checking in st02 below mentioned parameter for swaps i found and other than 0 s all are in red color.Is there any thing wrong.If it is wat steps i can suggest the basis person to perform.

Buffer Swaps

Nametab (NTAB) 0

Table definiti 29,289

Field definiti 159,353

Short NTAB 0

Initial record 102,282

program 455,804

CUA 402,312

Screen 6,403

Calendar 0

OTR 0

Tables

Generic Key 2,587

Single record 224

Export/import 3,616,944

Exp./ Imp. SHM 0

Edited by: cenosure on Nov 3, 2010 6:26 AM

Edited by: cenosure on Nov 3, 2010 6:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tell the basis guy to increase the buffer parameter values & directory entries for the ones which are marked in red.

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil/Divya

Thank you so much for your input. Is buffer tuning is required during the developement phase or it is needed during support phase? I asked this as we are still to go live for rest of the stores . More over Sunil has asked me to check CPU and memory utilization .Cud u pls explain how i can check those parameters ?

Edited by: cenosure on Nov 4, 2010 10:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Buffer tuning is a must for any system in the landscape & during any phase (pre- or post go-live). It is once of the linchpin's of proper sap system performance.

You can check any o/s specific data in an sap system in ST06.

Please close this thread as answered & open a new thread if you have specific questions around o/s.

- Regards, Dibya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolutely buffers play a very important role in the SAP system, you should be able to tune the buffers based on the following standard SAP notes plus your own observation of the SAP system.

SAP Buffers: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/103747

For other standard tuning options for the 64-bit SAP Kernel use this sap note: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/146289

In this note you'll also find pointers to your specific o/s

If you are using an Oracle 10g database use the Parameter Check Tool & Central Note to tune your database:

830576 - Parameter recommendations for Oracle 10g

1171650 - Automated Oracle DB parameter check

If you are using MS-SQL or DB2 UDB as the database, use the following central notes to tune them:

1086130 - DB6: DB2 9.5 Standard Parameter Settings

1237682 - Configuration Parameters for SQL Server 2008

- Regards, Dibya