cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive ALV in webdynpro ABAP

former_member282968
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a requirement where in, i have to show a report in ALV and on lead selection from ALV list i need to show another screen with some UI elements.Since i use view container elemnt it doesnt have required properties.

Please help me to find out existing methods which can help me making the ALV list interactive to show another screen.

I searched in the forum but didnt get the required solution.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

The ViewContainerElement will be in your Calling Application, whereas, the other screen (Window), can have any UI element. You need not go for ViewContainerElement under the new Window unless there is another component embedding.

Please let me know the requirement clearly so that I can send you the code.

Regards,

-Syed.

former_member282968
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi syed,

Thanks for your reply.

My requirement is that i need to show a report in ALV. which i did.But on selection of a line in the ALV list i need to show a screen.which is based on one of the key in the list.

So to achive this, i think there are pre-exsiting event-handler methods which comes with ALV list . I have no idea about them . I need to know how could i navigate to another screen by clicking a line in the ALV list or by slecting the lead from ALV list.

With thanks & regards,

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to make use of the event 'ON_LEAD_SELECT' of ALV.

You can proceed as follows:

Create a method in the view with name ON_SELECT, give type as Event handler (that is to be selected from drop down) and select the event ON_LEAD_SELECT (from Interface Controller Events).

You can write your code here. This event will get triggered every time you chage the lead selection (i.e. you select new row)

I hope I understood your question correctly.

Regards,

Saket.

former_member282968
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi saket,

Method cannot be defined for the view container UI element property where the ALV list wil be defined.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

The basic Concept of using the ViewContainerElement is to bring the View of another component into the calling component. That means, the actions and methods for the table or any UI Element will still exist inside the View of the Called Component, the ViewContainerElement is just a Place Holder for this Called View.

Let us consider an Example:

v_view1 --> Calling Component

v_view2 --> Called Component

v_view1 will have the ViewContainerElement (V_CONT) binded with the inbound plug of v_view2 window.

v_view2 will have all the actions, methods, events to handle and manipulate the data. 

So, anytime, there is a lead selection of the data, the events from v_view2 will be active to handle the leads.

To understand this, you need to debugg the v_view2 methods, anything which you have already created.

Please let me know, whether I've addressed your query properly.

Regards,

-Syed.

former_member282968
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Syed,

what you said is right but in case of ALV i dont create any view .Here i will call the component salv_wd_table.

So when the lead selection happens it goes to that component methods.

I need to navigate to next screen and write some code to pass the values to structure which i use to display in that screen.How can i do that???

former_member282968
Contributor
0 Kudos

Saket,

I didnt get ur answer properly for the first time!!!!.You are right and it did help me solve my problem.

Thank you so much for your inputs.

Answers (0)