cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Format Displaying as Jan 01, 1900

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have table which receives the output from the BI query. There is a data field which is coming as text in VC. The format of this text is YYYYMMDD. This I used formula

(IF(@Expected_Resolution_Date==00000000,'#',DSTR(DATE(MID(@Expected_Resolution_Date,0,4),MID(@Expected_Resolution_Date,4,2),MID(@Expected_Resolution_Date,6,2)),"DD.MM.YYYY")))

to display in the table as DD.MM.YYYY.

When clicking on this row item the user can edit the details in a form by an onselect action. The formula used here is

DVAL(DATE(MID(@Expected_Resolution_Date,0,4),MID(@Expected_Resolution_Date,4,2),MID(@Expected_Resolution_Date,6,2)))

The date is shown in the date picker to the user. The user can select the date from the date picker and then save the values.

The problem I am facing is, if there is any value in the date parameter it displays correctly in the date picker. But if the date field has a value 0000000 then defaults to Jan 01, 1900. I want to display as empty or # in date picker box .

Can someone give me insights on this?

Thanks,

Nagarajan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

The date you are getting is the default date for the flex runtime. When no valid date is given, it will display it.

Which runtime are you using? flex 1.5 or flex 2.0? and which VC version?

Best rregards,

Udi