cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting user groups for YSer Group field in CUP 5.3 SP13.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have just upgraded tpSP13 for GRC 5.3 and in CUP we have the User Group in the ticket request screen. But we are finding is that if it is an existing user it will fill this feild with the user group the user belongs to. But, if it is a new ID the field is blank and the requestor can enter anything.

What we want is to the the field be a drop down of valid user groups if it for a new ID.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the User group field as a mandatory field. This will restrict users to enter a user group manually. However, I infer that a drop down list is not possible where you can include specific user groups and make users to select.

Warm Rgds,

Raghu

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That's not the full truth

User Group was introduced as a standard field around SP08. It will read from your user data source and allow free text input.

As an alternative, you can create a custom field as a drop-down and link it to an internal CUP list with user groups you want people to use. That's better than using the USGRP table as input directly, as there are often user groups you don't want people to pick.

Then map the custom field in Field Mapping - Provisioning and you're done.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for correcting. I've just checked it.

Warm Rgds,

Raghu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. That is what we will do, create the custom field etc.

I guess it was too much to hope that SAP would have linked that field for us.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, the field has been linked, it will pull in the user group from the user data source.

But for new users, there's no user group assigned.

The standard field has its use, but in some cases a custom field may fill your needs better.

Frank.