cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - SD-Logistics execusion - Connectivity to Shipping carriers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Need to know if SAP has any internal interface which connects it to the 3rd party shipping carriers like UPS/FEDEX to complete the shipment process.

Currently we use a third party interface called InfoShip which stands pulls delivery data from SAP and provides ability to input other shipping related data entry like number of boxes, box weights, HTS codes, Hazmat related regulatory info, prints shipping labels and does the PGI function in SAP in one hand and also updates UPS/Fedex servers with all the required info.

I would like to know if SAP itself has any ability or built in process to do all these shipping activities so if we can possibly replace this third party shipping interface InfoShip.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

-Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

this is to inform you that

there are plenty of 3rd party tools which gets interfaced with SAP those are available in the maret and they are also specialzed in giving a solution for a particular interface lie e2open BAAN etc....

I personally thin that SAP will be developing 3rd party interface tools

regards

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus,

I tried to look for this info on SAP.com and also Googled out. I can see many 3rd Party Shipping Service providers to support SAP shipments. However on SAP.COM, in their PID (Partner Information Directory), they have listed ERP Integrated Solutions Inc as Software Solution Partner with u201CSAP Certified ABAP Add-On and Powered by Netweaveru201D.

Tried look at this partner details, it seems they provide SAP certified ABAP Add-on solution.

Yet, I do not find concrete info that SAP has no readily available built-in solution for connectivity to the third party shipping carriers like UPS/FedEx.

Any further input is greatly helpful, thanks.

-Sri

Edited by: Sri Sankara on Nov 1, 2010 11:05 PM