cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation NW 7 EH1 SR1: EP & EP_Core and XSS EHP4

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am preparing an installation of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 SR1 - AS Java with EP and EP Core and XSS EHP4 (connect later to a system EHP4 SR1 for SAP ERP 6.0)

I do not understand the method of installation :

Installation Guide - SAP NW7.0 Including EHP1 SR1 Java on HP-UX Oracle

or

Installation Guide - SAP ERP 6.0 SR1 EHP4 Ready - Java Oracle HP-UX

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Installation Guide - SAP ERP 6.0 SR1 EHP4 Ready - Java Oracle HP-UX

4Running SAPinst

8. If you want to install an SAP system with the ERP software units Self Services (XSS) and Business Packages (Portal Content) (BP ERP) that are running directly on SAP NetWeaver usage type EP Core (EPC) (without installing usage type EP), proceed as follows:

1. On the SAP System > Software Units screen, select from the table Additional NetWeaver Software Units only NetWeaver usage types AS Java and EP Core (EPC).

CAUTION : Do not select usage type EP.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Can you tell me how to install the AS Java with the following software units ?

. SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal Core Component (EP Core)

. SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal (EP)

. SAP ERP Portal Content Common (BP-Common)

. SAP ERP Self Services (XSS)

. SAP ERP Self Services Portal Content (BP-XSS)

Can I install all this software units in the same time (or Installation of Additional Software Units in an Existing SAP System)?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EHP4 Ready system means if you want to install ABAP system. Since you want to install Java system with ERP components on it. Then simple install Java system on EHP1 with sapinst and choose usage type As Java, EP Core and EP during installation. Once installation will be finished then you can install XSS components.

Thanks

Sunny

0 Kudos

Ok thank you.

After installing the AS JAVA 7 incl. EHP1 with EP and EPC , how to install components XSS?

With JSPM ? Option : Install Additional Usage Type, Support and Enhancement Package Stack. or New Software Components ?

Can be installed directly XSS component in EHP4 or should we install XSS in ERP 6 an after upgrade in EHP4?

thank you for your help

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> With JSPM ? Option : Install Additional Usage Type, Support and Enhancement Package Stack. or New Software Components ?

>

Yes. with Install New Software Components.

> Can be installed directly XSS component in EHP4 or should we install XSS in ERP 6 an after upgrade in EHP4?

You can install directly as Java patches are cumulative.

Thanks

Sunny