Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP objects and AIF

AntonPierhagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi all

I have a question. I have made several ABAP objects which i am using in my programs. But now i have to build a AIF with those objects, but i understand that AIF in SAP cannot retrieve objects immediately.

Also i saw that if i want to create all kinds of internal tables and structures, it would cost me a lot of work.

Is there a solution where i can use those objects with AIF?

kind regards,

Anton Pierhagen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Start with an interface of the form. This will help you understand what data you will need to pass. This way you will understand which types you will have to create. You could create the interface with types like CHAR12 without creating it in DDIC, but that is WRONG! If you don´t have any DDIC structures you need to use yet, you will have to create them.

Otto

AntonPierhagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

Thanks for your reply. I am aware of this kind of creating adobe forms. But i was curious if there was another solution how the data can be transported without creating any tables or structures in the DDIC.

Your are suggesting that another type of building the forms is not an option ?

kind regards,

Anton Pierhagen

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I might not get your wish or I may lack some knowledge needed to answer you question (I hope this is not the case after doing AIF for 3 years as a daily bread), but I see no way to help you get where you want to be.

No, no support of this kind as far as I know.

I asked my colleague a question: Is there any standard mechanism (I don t have to develop, test etc. on my own), which binds an object instance to a table? Like an object instance is a row in the table. And he didn´t understand what I am up to at first and told me I was insane after minutes of explanations.

This could be cool, but does not work this way...

In which shape do you have your data now? Instance attributes of a class?

Otto

AntonPierhagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

That was my idea. Because ABAP OO is the new type of programming in ABAP .

So i hoped i could transfer objects from the ABAP objects to variables in the PDF layout.

But the only way to do this ( whiich i only see it ) is to translate the variables of the objects to values in tables and structures.

That's not a very useful manner i would like to program my application. Because first i put everything in objects and afterwards i set everything back in tables and structures.. I had better set everything in custom structures and tables immediately.

So i am going to find another way. Maybe i set all the data in an HTML page and transfer this via mail and so on.

But thanks for your reply!

Kind regards

Anton Pierhagen