Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping Authorizations set for /sapmnt/<SID>/global/xxxx

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...experts....

We have a Production System up and running.

Central System & Dialog Instance ( where i am installing now) - User Name & User ID's are same.(ora<SID>, <SID>adm)

in global / <NNN>JOBLG folder contains 30,000 + logs

When i start a new dialog installation ..it is trying to change the permission for all those files

...so when it is changing ..actually nothing really going wrong -i think..as user names & user id's are same .but time is getting killed,,,

how to skip this set of " Authrorizations Set for /sapmnt/<SID>/global/.............."

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>in global / <NNN>JOBLG folder contains 30,000 + logs

Intresting, what are these 30,000 log files, have you not scheduled the SAP standard jobs? I suggest you to first schedule these jobs then retry your installation. (follow http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/24/b884388b81ea55e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm) & Note 16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs

Is the dialog installation on same server or different servers? have you checkecd the UID and GID are same as your Central instance.

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.......Sunil Bujade....

Thanks ..

But actually we have with 13K users with 4000 Professional & Limited Professional Users in Our systems and on an average 7000 Spools will get created for a day... As well the said note is in place.

Secondly....Dialog Installation on different server

&

UID & GID are same...

Any clues to skip this phase...

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

hm! when I checked we have files in thousands, as we keep the logs and spools for longer.

You can change the xml file but I suggest you to check logs why the its getting canceled. is there any other reason as well? SAPinst should go thorough without any issues.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

If you have the UID of sidadm & GID of sapsys same there shouldn't be a problem. If it is just a time-out issue with SAPINST try to change the permissions yourself first & then run SAPINST. Then SAPINST will just check & not try to change it and hence is going to take much less time.

But please ensure that the UID's & GID's are consistent first across the servers. Then you can proceed as above & it is a safer option rather than just skipping the execution of this step by modifying the keydb.xml.

- Regards, Dibya

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello......Dibya & Sunil Bujade...

Firstly Thanks for all replies,

The over all demand to minimize the installation by checking the 30K+ files permission.

To had quick win.

We mounted only "/sapmnt/<SID>/exe" & " /sapmnt/<SID>/profile" from Central Instance

But not mounted "/sapmnt/<SID>/gloaL" - made avaialble local emtry mount point.

Started Installation....

Installed completed in 10 mins.

Stopped SAP System

umounted local emtry mount point of "/sapmnt/<SID>/gloaL"

mounted "/sapmnt/<SID>/gloaL" from Central Instance

Started the Instance....

optimized few parameters & released application server.

thanks for all your expertise replies.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

This could indicate a problem with your network filesystem.

I ran a quick test with 10'000 files:

sidadm$ time for file in `find .`; do
> chown sidadm $file
> done

The global dir in my case was NFS mounted on a linux application server. 10'000 chowns didn't take longer than 20s.

Cheers Michael