cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you block production for a specific product in SNP planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Looking for a way to manually indicate a decision to prevent production in a specific cell for a product in the SNP planning book utilizing the supply planning and capacity leveling heuristics. For this requirement the resource would have available capacity during that time period. It also could plan other products in that time period. The requirement is for a planner to manually go into the planning book to somehow indicate that the heuristic should not consider that time period as available for a specific product, while still leaving the resource available for other products.

Has anyone run into this before? Any experience on how to stop a heurisitc from considering a specific time bucket for a specific product as available for orders?

Thanks

-Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

I haven't tried it yet myself but I kow that there is the option in the Planning Book to manually fix several periods for a specific location product. This will prevent the heuristic from planning these periods for the specified product. For details please have a look in the Online Help for SNP under key word "Order Fixing".

regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael

I will suggest to create user exit macro with push button which is visible in APO planning data view. The users can push this button in the planning book for respective bucket. In the background the macro will select all these products and create a selection which can be easily excluded from SNP background planning.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can control this by changing the validity date of the production version in R/3. Make it invalid on the date/s that you don't want it to be produced. This will be helpful probably if you only have 1 day that you don't want to produce the product using that resource but may be tedious if several days will be used.