cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internship in the United States

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a recent graduate with a business administration degree, my career goal is to become a consultant for SAP. After speaking with many contacts in the field the best suggestion I received was to first try and get an internship position within SAP and begin building my resume. I was hoping that you could give me more information as to how I could get an internship position within SAP. My main concern is gaining experience working with the platform, I am willing to start anywhere and travel for this position.

Looking forward to your response.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

First I would advise you to look at the [Career Center|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/careers] to see if there are any opportunities out there. I completely agree with the suggestion that you received in landing an internship to gain practical experience and build your resume.

Second, you should try working with your school to see what companies recruit your talent. This makes it much easier (faster) than trying to look at every online posting available.

Check out some of these blogs that you might find interesting:

[What would I do if I were a SAP newbie|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/20629] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[Want a SAP system to experiment on?|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/21552] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[Start your SAP career right from school|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/19234] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[Valuable Lessons to Make the Most of your SAP Career|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/18366] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Most importantly use the vast amount of information on this website and others to learn new information!

Good Luck,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to compile this reply for me.

I am looking through the links you provided right now and feel a lot more confident and determined that I will be able to further my understanding of this system.

Cheers

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem!

I have learned a ton just reading blogs, searching topics of interest and applying what I have learned in the classroom. If you have any other questions there are some great people here that can either answer them, or point you in the right direction.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kevin,

Here is a little Update for you.

Since speaking with you a little while ago I took the time to go through the links you posted. The result was a great experience for me in programming and getting my hands dirty. I now have an idea for the type of path I want to follow within SAP. I took the time to install an SAP R/3 trial system on my computer and I'm currently working with ABAP programming languate to get a basic handle on it.

I found this site, post on a sap community site very useful for good literature to get a better understanding of the large world of SAP.

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-books.htm

I'm currently reading first book on the list, SAP in 24 hours and then I guess it's on to the next one.

Good luck in your studies and your work with SAP, I see that your a student - I was just in that boat and being a new grad it's great to talk with someone who is finding their way such as yourself.

Cheers,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input!

I'm sure there will be many other students wondering the exact same thing : ) Looking forward to hearing more about your career within SAP.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for recommending the SAP Careers website for SAP jobs and internships. Of course, we recruit new talent into SAP regularly.

Our customers and partners, which along with SAP employees and University Alliances academics (professors and students) make up the SAP Ecosystem, also offer excellent environments to learn all about SAP solutions, so don't overlook this. The second line navigation bar on this page above includes the Career Center (just below the University Alliances tab) which includes jobs and internships at many of our SAP customers and partners. LinkedIn has many groups related to SAP job placements as well.

And for students at University Alliances Program member universities, don't forget your own school career advisors who have direct contacts to SAP Ecosystem participants who are recruiting at your university regularly.

Best Wishes and Good Luck on Your Careers,

Bob

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently seeking Interns for Enterprise opportunities in San Jose, CA - SAP /ABAP / SHAREPOINT / Mobile App Developer

My client is a San Jose, CA (USA) based boutique firm looking for bright, creative and motivated INTERNS who have some Training, Experience, Expertise in one of the areas listed below. As an INTERN you will have the opportunity to work on an innovative project which will transform how Large Enterprise Customers extend their baseline implementation to meet their every changing business needs.

These are part-time, 3-month unpaid internships with an exciting entrepreneurial company, where you'll have guidance and exposure to cross functional areas, working closely with executives and leading experts to help round your understanding of our industry and business.

The following INTERN opportunities are available for candidates that meet the Required Skills listed:

1.) SHAREPOINT DEVELOPER with exposure to .Net

u2022 Familiar with SharePoint "best practices"

u2022 Must be able to develop and modify SharePoint pages, web design and meta-data

u2022 Advance knowledge, with skill and ability using the SharePoint Object Model

u2022 Knowledge of web services and SOA architecture

Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Installation, configuration, Designing, coding, documenting, testing and integrating custom applications with backend SAP systems and routines to meet specifications using appropriate tools and methodologies. Supporting, maintaining and modifying applications and routines as needed, as identified and as directed. Proactively identifying needs and offering solutions as opportunities arise. Identify and adopt new programming tools, frameworks and methodologies as needed. Support groups to coordinate the successful training and deployment of custom software applications and routines.

2.) SAP /ABAP

u2022 Sound knowledge of ABAP OO, ABAP Web Dynpro,

u2022 Enhancement and switch framework, ADOBE interactive forms, workflow ,

u2022 User exits, SAP scripts and Forms, Module Pool Programming, IDocs and ALE.

3.) MOBILE APP DEVELOPER

u2022 At least 3+ years of experience developing mobile web sites in XHTML, XHTML Mobile Profile

u2022 Current HTML5 working experience for mobile platforms

u2022 Exposure to iOS SDK or Android SDK preferred

u2022 Objective-C is preferred

u2022 BS in Computer Science or equivalent

How to Apply: If meet the requirements posted for one of the positions posted above and would like to take on a new challenge with this dynamic, fast-paced industry pioneer, please contact me.

Equal Opportunity Employer.

Dian Scott

Director of Talent Acquisition

SKD LaunchPad

skdtalent.com

562-676-7526

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dian,

This looks like a great opportunity for students. Be sure to check out the [Career Center|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/careers] to look for students who have already posted their resumes.

Regards,

Kevin