Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 711 : Message Overview Not Activated for Component 'Integration Engine

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed a PI system Ehp1 SPS 05, I have perfromed the postinstallation steps, and executed the CTC initial setup.

Now I'm performing the readiness checks for Process Integration 7.1 (PI 7.1), I'm now checking the runtime Workbench, and more specifically the Message Monitoring.

When clicking on Integration engine --> Database overview, I have the following error message

Message Overview Not Activated for Component 'Integration Engine PID'; See SAP Note 1031773

I do not have this message when clicking on AdapterEngine -->Database overview

I didn't change any standard stetting, all all the checks went fine so far.

Sap note 1031773 is not available at the moment, so I was wondering iif any of you already had the same issue ?

(sap note 1118940 is not relevant for PI 7.1)

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards.

Raoul

Edited by: Raoul Shiro on Nov 1, 2010 4:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member241146
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raoul.

I have an old 1031773 note and I can copy to you here.

Follow this note (since 27.02.2009):

Summary

Symptom

The message overview function in message monitoring in the Runtime Workbench is supplied for the first time with Releases SAP NetWeaver 2004 Support Package 20 and SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Package 12.

To use this function, you must first activate it in the Runtime Workbench and in the runtime components that need to be monitored (J2EE Adapter Engine or ABAP Integration Engine).

More Terms

SAP Exchange Infrastructure, message overview, IE, AE, IS, integration server

Cause and Prerequisites

The message overview that is delivered in the releases SAP NetWeaver 2004 or SAP NetWeaver 2004s is inactive.

The Runtime Workbench and its runtime components that need to be monitored must be at least Version SAP NetWeaver 2004 Support Package 20 or SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Package 12.

Solution

To activate the function, proceed as follows:

Activating the function for the Adapter Engine (AE) runtime: If the property 'messaging.system.statusLog' of the SAP XI AF service (as of 7.10, the name of the server was changed in "XPI Service: Messaging System") does not contain the values 'Send,Recv,Event', please add these as follows (do not delete other values that are set): messaging.system.statusLog=Send,Recv,Event,<other values> This property must be set accordingly on each server node, and then the service must be restarted.

To deactivate: Remove the 'Event' value from all server nodes and restart the SAP XI AF Messaging Service. During the deactivation process, all message overview data that was written up to now is deleted, and the message overview is reset to its initial status. As of release SAP NetWeaver 7.10, the runtime of the Adapter Engine is automatically activated. However, you can deactivate this again, as described above.

Activating the function for the Integration Engine (ABAP) runtime:

To activate/deactivate the function, use transaction SE38 to execute the RSXMB_AGG_XPI_ADMIN program, and choose the relevant action on the selection screen. Let the aggregation profile parameter retain its predefined value 'XPI_SEND_RECV_01'.

When the function is deactivated, all data for the message overview for the Integration Engine is deleted, and the function is no longer available for this component in the Runtime Workbench.

As of release SAP NetWeaver 7.10 Support Package 05 or 7.11 Support Package 01, the runtime of the Integration Engine is automatically activated. However, you can deactivate this again, as described above.

Activating the display in the Runtime Workbench (RWB): In the exchange profile (in the 'Runtime Workbench' section), create the

'com.sap.aii.rwb.showmessageoverview' parameter and set the value to 'true'. The dropdown box in message monitoring then displays the entry 'Database (Overview)'.

As of Release SAP NetWeaver 7.10, this parameter is delivered with the

value "true". To deactivate, enter any value unequal to 'true' for the parameter. The cache refresh for the exchange profile is set to 15 minutes by default. The parameter will be evaluated when this time elapses, at the very latest. If the function is activated in Release SAP NetWeaver 2004 Support Package 20 or 2004s Support Package 12, you will need to use transaction PFCG to add the value 'SXMS_MSGAGG_RFC_PROC' to the authorization check during RFC access (object S_RFC) for the RFC_NAME field in the following roles:

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER,

SAP_XI_MONITOR_ABAP,

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_ABAP,

SAP_XI_DISPLAY_USER_ABAP

Handling synchronous messages in the message overview:

Since the message overview was intended as a special view for persistence, synchronous messages are not transferred to the message overview because these are not usually made persistent. Incorrect synchronous messages of the Integration Engine (ABAP) are an exception since these are usually made persistent if an error occurs.

Related Notes

Number Short Text

1249391 RWB Error: SystemFaultException in Method: getAbapData

1160261 NWA for PI: Incomplete Component Tree

1054800 SystemFaultException in Method: getAbapMetadata

Ps.: The note is being changed and because this it isn't avaliable.

Best Regards.

Bruno

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Bruno,

I couldn't find the parameter 'com.sap.aii.rwb.showmessageoverview' in the exchange profile (PI 711 SPS05).

It might be the answer ...

In the meantime, I have already opened a SAP customer message and I'll wait for their answer , I'll keep you informed.

Thank you !

Regards.

Raoul

0 Kudos

Hi Raoul,

you should only be activating the message overview for the Integration Engine via report "RSXMB_AGG_XPI_ADMIN".

The message overview for the Adapter Engine should be existing.

Regards,

Dennis

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dennis,

I exectued the report RSXMB_AGG_XPI_ADMIN (which is also mentionned in the german version of sap note 1031773)

I checked the status of the aggregation profile XPI_SEND_RECV_01 : the Profile is indeed not activated

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked all the relevant nodes in TC SICF?

Thanks

Asif

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will need to raise a message with SAP mentioning the unavailability of the note.

they will provide you the interim fix.