Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item is not splitted into 2 invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would appreciate if you could advise on the following problem:

Item A is added into one invoice with item B, however item B should be split into separate invoice and should not be invoiced together with A. As a result, we should have 2 different invoices: 1 for item A and later on another for item B (please note invoices are not created simultaneously).

Could you please comment - what could be the reason and what settings are affected?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can put different invoice date in the SO. So when you want to create invoice, 2 invoices will be created for different date.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Digging further I have found out that the reason why invoice is being split is due to different dunning areas on main and variation items. But, I couldn't find this field in any split criteria in copy control rules...

Any help would be appreciated !

Edited by: Maksims Mihejevs on Nov 11, 2010 5:18 PM

alex_zheng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maksims,

VBRK-MABER(Dunning Area) is a split criteria during billing creation.

There is no copy control setting which could affect this field.

Please refer to note 11162 about the Invoice split criteria in billing document.

To avoid a split due to different header fields(for example, VBRK-MABER),

you have the option of using customer-specific data transport routines in the

copying control of the relevant document types which initialize the corresponding fields. However,

the information contained in these fields is then lost in the billing document.

Please check if you have used your own defined data transfer routine in your old

release system.

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, they use custom routines.

Could you please detaily explain how can I find out if this field is excluded from custom routine?

alex_zheng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maksims,

Please check if you have the relevant coding which handles and initilize the field MABER

in your own routines.

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is that the same items are split in new system ECC 6.0 even no split criteria are maintained (the same billing dates/blocks removed/same milestone usage, payment terms).

But, these items are not split in old system 4.7. Can't find a reason - why these are split in ECC 6.0?

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have these two items included in one sales order.Consider the following suggestion if that is the case.

Goto the T.Code "VA02".

Enter the Order number.Enter.

Goto "Item Details".

Goto the second item.

Goto "Billing Document" tab.

Maintain the Billing block for this item.Save the orer and create the invoice.Later on remove this block and create the invoice for the second one.

If you have these items in two orders,then consider this one.

Maintain the billing block at the header level for the one which doesn't want to appear at the invoice level.

Regards,

Krishna.

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To have split in billing maintain different payment terms (or) additional value days (or) fixed value days for the 2 lines of the preceeding order and then try to create invoice. You can observe a split in invoice. Manually enter 2 different values for any of the above filelds for the 2 lines of the order.