cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNAP table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing large number no of dumps in our ECC6.0.

So I want to know some information for SNAP table which stores dump data.

1 ) How to check how many entries can be store in SNAP table or what is the size of this table to proactive take step if it is going to full.

2 ) what can happen if SNAP table get full, Will only we not be able to store further dump data or it is possible that system get hang.

3 ) how can we delete table entries.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SNAP table cannot become full. Actually, a tablespace where SNAP is stored can become full.. and this is not likely to happen.

to delete entries, read SAP note 16083.

look for job name SAP_REORG_ABAPDUMPS which calls program RSSNAPDL.

you should know this by now?

ADM100 cover this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I have also got similar requirement.

Can you guide me which table space it is where SNAP is stored?

And if there is any way by which we can calculate the remaining space in that table space?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

it may helpful...

As per SAP Note 11838 - Deleting short dumps from the SNAP table:

There are different ways of deleting short dumps from the SNAP table. However, before you delete them, you must analyze the cause of the short dump (using transaction ST22).

1.) Dump analysis: Reorganization

Go to 'ABAP/4 dump analysis' (in transaction ST22). Choose 'Reorganization'. You can now select all short dumps older than n days (default 7) for deletion.

CAUTION: If a large amount of records are deleted simultaneously during the reorganization, ORACLE error ora1562 'failed to extend rollback segment ...' may occur. In this case, refer to error Note 6328.

2.) Drop and recreate the SNAP table

With the database utility (transaction SE14), you can drop and recreate the SNAP table.

CAUTION: When you do this, ALL short dumps are deleted.

3.) Reorganization program RSSNAPDL

To avoid database problems, this program deletes old short dumps gradually from the SNAP table unless they are selected for retention. With standard setting all short dumps that are older than 7 days (28 days as of Release 7.00) and that are not flagged are deleted. Since this program occupies the database when large datasets are processed, it should be scheduled to run overnight. Use program RSNAPJOB to set a standard scheduling: the program RSSNAPDL is started every day at 1:00 o'clock in the morning.

These reorganization programs are available at the latest as of Release 2.1G/2.2A.

4.) The SNAP is also automatically reorganized. With each short dump that occurs in the dialog box (the dump is displayed as soon as it occurs), a maximum of 20 short dumps are deleted from the SNAP that are older than 7 days. In normal production operation this reorganization should be sufficient.

Mark it as correct if helpful.

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for your prompt response.

My requirement is like I have one program which will process hundreds of record in one run. So I may get many dumps in single run.

So I am looking for a way by which I can calculate the remaining space available for dumps and if it is low I should be able to delete the existing dumps.Can you help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rahul,

• The SNAP table is very large. It contains many (very old) records that are no longer required.
  • The SNAP table is stored in PSAPSR3.
  • You can see the size of SNAP table. Go to DB02old > Current Sizes > double click on PSAPSR3 > object name SNAP* > execute.
  • Click on table SNAP > select Detailed Analysis.

Thanks                         

Kishore Cherukumalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto ST22 --> Goto --> statistics

I suggest you first check why your programs are going for dump. You can check under st22 --> select your dump --> Under user view and Abap developer view.