cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use SAPup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I know this is a really basic question...but please point me in some nice direction!

I just can't get SAPup to work.

We are running SAP Basis 6.20 R/3 47 ext 200 and will upgrade to ERP 6.0 EHP4.

I've used MOPZ to calculate and download my SW. Refering to the upgrade manual, it tells me to download the latest SAPup and supportpackages. Then the manual tells me to /<DVD mount directory>/STARTUP jce_policy_zip=<path to JCE policy archive> to start the installation. But this is for EHPi, I guess??

When I start SAPup pointing out my installationdirectry as "rootdir" it asks me for 18 different mountpoints, which I thought is the path to the downloaded SW?

At the end it gives me an error that MID.XML file is missing.

As I understand this file should be included in the "master DVD". But it's not included when I download from sapnet.

Please advice!

Edited by: Carl-Johan Cedlert on Nov 1, 2010 6:03 PM

okey..missed the prepare phase. Sorry!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you get SW to download using MOPZ in soultion manager there is an option to generate xml file while saving this screen, which will do xml file for you, just download that too and upload into your OS and specify that xml file path when it asks.

Thanks,

Edited by: Sanjay Macherla on Nov 1, 2010 8:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

But MOPZ doesn't create the MID.XML file which was missing. I totally forgot about the PREPARE, which solved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

Can you please let us know how you created MID.XML n what is this "PREPARE" . Your suggestions will be highly appreciated

Answers (0)