cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Of APO-DEMAND PLANNING WITHOUT USING SAP-ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a small query in regard to Demand Planning....

CAN A COMPANY USE ONLY APO-DP for forecasting purpose......Means let us say, I wants that ECC is not there in a company... But for the demand forecasting, they wants to use APO-DP, is it possible...?

Can we use both of the scenarios like for some of the branches we transfer data from ECC to APO and for some of the branches we transfer the data from some external source.

Kindly Confirm / advise.

Your early reply in this regard shall be really appreciable.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sanjeev Chugh

01-NOV-2010 (AN)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the support...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to t-code: RSA1

U can upload flat file of sales in the sales cube.

Then use t-code: /SAPAPO/TSCUBE to upload data in Planning Book.

Thank you.

Shahadat

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanjeev ,

Please find the answers to your questions

have a small query in regard to Demand Planning....

<<CAN A COMPANY USE ONLY APO-DP for forecasting purpose......Means let us say, I wants that ECC is not there in a company... But for the demand forecasting, they wants to use APO-DP, is it possible...? >>

It is very much possible, All you have to do is load the history data from some external system to APO and run forecasting. This practise is very common in companies that have been using a legacy system for a long time and want to continue using that in conjunction with APO-DP for forecasting. The simple way is to extract the history data to an excel and load it to info cube . From info cube you can load it to DP using tcode /n/sapapo/tscube.

<<Can we use both of the scenarios like for some of the branches we transfer data from ECC to APO and for some of the branches we transfer the data from some external source.>>

Yes it is possible . For material- branches for which you have data in ECC you can transfer the data from ECC to aPO using CIF and do the forecasting. For the other materials you can use the external source data . I dont see a problem with that approach

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

APO DP is a stand alone tool and does not depend upon ECC. All that it needs is history data and there are multiple ways to upload the history data from the legacy system to the APO DP system.

The data transfer happens between ECC and APO via Core Interface(CIF) only when using SNP.

Even the entire APO can be connect to any legacy system as an external planning tool with the data transfer happening with interfaces(and not via standard CIF).

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aparna,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Really, it was a helpful reply. I shall like to close this thread.

With Best Regards,

Sanjeev Chugh