cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimiser giving unaccounted results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am running optimiser for the below scenario. Outcome is something which I could not analyse and reason it based on the information that I have. Need your pointer to analyse the results.

1. There are two plants P1, P2

2. There is a T lane P2 --> P1

3. There is a transportation resource, a bucket resource with Max bucket capacity as 2050 Tonne assigned to the T Lane

4. The material M has a proc type F at P1 and E at P2. M_1 is the BOM product for M at P2

5. There is an SNP PPM for M at P2

6. There is no stock in the supply chain(i.e. neither at P1 nor at P2)

7. There is no fixed lot size, max/min lot size either in the product master, PPM or the T Lane master data

8. Demand for M at P1 is 32 Tonne

9. Storage costs and non delivery costs are maintained for M at P1 and P2 such that there is a push of M from P2 to P1

When I run the optimiser between P1 and P2, I get an STR of 2050 Tonnes at P1 from P2 and a planned order of 2050 Tonnes for M at P2.

Why is the optimiser creating a planned order for 2050 Tonnes even though the demand is just 32 Tonnes?

I tried changing the max bucket capacity of the transportation resource. But the optimiser still creates a planned order of 2050 Tonnes.

PS: After running the optimiser, even though storage costs and non delivery costs are maintained at P1 and P2, optimiser logs show all costs as zero. There is no production cost maintained at the PPM level.

Regards

Manotosh

Edited by: Manotosh on Nov 1, 2010 4:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained any values In the resource master data on the tab u201CSNP Bucket Cap.u201D Planning Parameters section, for u201CMinimum Capacity Load for the Resource u201C field ?

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

got the solution