cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbar Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

As we know there are out of the box reports My Projects, All Projects, My Auctions, All Auctions etc in ESO.

Now we have a requirement where I need to make changes to the out of the box queries say for example My Projects. I duplicated the out of the box query and made changes per the requirement to the query under query definition. So I am now ready with the modified query and tested it successfully by Previewing via Actions->Preview.

Now please advise me how to link the modified query to the toolbar link namely Projects->My Projects. So that it displays the results per the modified query definition query.

Many Many Thanks in advance.

Please revert asap.

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You can reorder the list of query definitions on the query group object. There should be a button there.

Regards,

James

Note: I strongly recommend not changing the standard queries as when the system is upgraded in the future these queries will be over written. That is why the system stops you from changing them. Please use the method of duplicating the standard query modifiying then adding to the appropriate query group or report.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks James it worked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

One question. I tried what you said. I tried it for My Projects. after completion i tested it is working fine. But I could see in the toolbar drop down the position of My Projects has moved down after All Projects. So is there anything that can be done so that the position of the text (in this example My Projects) donot move from original position in drop down.

Thanks !

Edited by: ESO123 on Nov 2, 2010 3:07 PM

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The proper method to change the information is to find the correct Query Group and hide the standard query definition and add your custom query definition.

If you use your other method the customer will be exposed to your custom query being overwritten on upgrades.

However thanks I was not aware of the trigger for stopping those queries from being edited.

Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ! I will try that.

FYI. Its not only the CUSTOM_QUERY column needs to be changed but QUERY_NAME should also be changed to some other temporary name before working on OOTB query.

once finish with your changes again rename the QUERY_NAME to original name starting with FCI-xxxxxx and change CUSTOM_QUERY to 0. other wise it will throw error while saving that custom query can't have name starting with "FCI".

Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I found that If I update the CUSTOM_QUERY column value from 0 to 1 in table FCI_QUERY_DEFINITION it allows to modify the OOTB queries.

In that case I need not to duplicate the query and need not to worry about linking the duplicated query to the toolbars. But is that safe to modify OOTB FCI query. Please advise.

Thanks !