cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWINCF and printer trays

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have a SAP Script Form that we normally print on a HP Laserjet Printer(device type HPLJ5) first page on printer tray2 all others on tray3 because in one tray is preprinted paper.

Now we have to print that form in vietnamese language therefore we have to take device type SWINCF with a SAPsprint Server.

The Problem is that the SWINCF is not recognizing the printer trays. It prints all from the second tray. We read all the sap note to this problem. If we turn the device type back to HPLJ5 tray selection working but of course the letters are wrong.

Our work around was to define in windows a Printer qeue (with the original HP driver) with the Option first page Tray3 all other pages from tray2. But that also not working out of SAP. Out of ms word, notes,... it's working. It looks like that SAP is overriding this setting.

I really hope somebody can help me.

Thanks

Edited by: Mario Thomas on Oct 31, 2010 12:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Mario,

I guess you specify the tray on each page of the form.

As per SAP note #134364, can you try changing the printer driver windows at windows level?

Regards,

Aidan

0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

That was a great Idea! Many Thanks.

I costed me hours to try all the printer driver but it I was successful.

Here my solution:

I changed my windows driver to the standard Win Server 2003 included HP Laserjet 4. I reseted the printer to factory settings. Without reseting it was not working.

Then I took the sap tray test program to identify which tray which number has. It's a standard test. Go to transaction SO10 and enter textname SAPSCRIPT-TRAYTEST. After that I changed the tray control number (try01,...) in the program.

Now It's working.

Answers (0)