cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in Offline Backup via DB13 SAP & Oracle on Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

OS: Linux Database : Oracle Systems Affected : Production & Disaster Recovery Server

Hi

We have offline backup scheduled every friday via SAP the backup runs fine & copies all the files in the backup directory but when i go see the backup logs in DB 14 i see the Offline Backup ending with Error Code 0005 & when i see the Detail logs i see following in red

BR0278E Command output of '/oracle/UHP/102_64/bin/sqlplus /nolog < /oracle/UHP/sapbackup/.beelhrfo.spi':

BR0279E Return code from '/oracle/UHP/102_64/bin/sqlplus /nolog < /oracle/UHP/sapbackup/.beelhrfo.spi': 0

BR0302E SQLPLUS call for database instance UHP failed

BR0306E Start and open of database instance UHP failed

Also if i check the BRARCHIVE i see them ending with following errors in Detail Log

BR0278E Command output of 'LANG=C cd /oracle/UHP/sapreorg && LANG=C cp spaceUHP.log paramUHP.log /backup/UHPARCH//UHP':

cp: cannot create regular file `/backup/UHPARCH//UHP/spaceUHP.log': Permission denied

cp: cannot create regular file `/backup/UHPARCH//UHP/paramUHP.log': Permission denied

BR0280I BRARCHIVE time stamp: 2010-10-30 23.02.40

BR0279E Return code from 'LANG=C cd /oracle/UHP/sapreorg && LANG=C cp spaceUHP.log paramUHP.log /backup/UHPARCH//UHP': 1

BR0222E Copying space_log to/from /backup/UHPARCH//UHP failed due to previous errors

BR0202I Saving /oracle/UHP/saparch/aeelofvf.svd

BR0203I to /backup/UHPARCH//UHP ...

BR0202I Saving /oracle/UHP/saparch/archUHP.log

BR0203I to /backup/UHPARCH//UHP ...

BR0278E Command output of 'LANG=C cp /oracle/UHP/saparch/archUHP.log /backup/UHPARCH//UHP':

cp: cannot create regular file `/backup/UHPARCH//UHP/archUHP.log': Permission denied

BR0280I BRARCHIVE time stamp: 2010-10-30 23.02.40

BR0279E Return code from 'LANG=C cp /oracle/UHP/saparch/archUHP.log /backup/UHPARCH//UHP': 1

BR0222E Copying /oracle/UHP/saparch/archUHP.log to/from /backup/UHPARCH//UHP failed due to previous errors

Please also note that we have a Disaster Recovery Server too & the above mentioned errors are in our (Production )Primary Database & once this backu finished the DR Server stops getting any log files, this happens only when this offline backup on every friday runs,

Issues

The backup ends with errors although the backup file is generated & all data is copied

DR Server dont get redo log files after this offline backup on every friday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>BR0302E SQLPLUS call for database instance UHP failed

>BR0306E Start and open of database instance UHP failed

Check your database alert log file what's going wrong while opening the database.

>cp: cannot create regular file `/backup/UHPARCH//UHP/spaceUHP.log': Permission denied

>cp: cannot create regular file `/backup/UHPARCH//UHP/paramUHP.log': Permission denied

Make sure you have permission to write files under /backup/UHPARCH//UHP for the user running backup. Check with your UNIX admin.

If your primary database is down then you won't get any logs to DR until your Primary DB is up and logs are generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

for the Cp errors i will see the permissions in backup/UHP ( this error is happening in online backup ) my main concern is the error occured in offline backup as it is somehow connected with our DR SERVER NOT GETTING THE LOG FILES EVEN AFTER THE SYSTEM IS UP ( yes if the primary is down no logs will be shipped to standby i know that but even after the primary is up after a offline backup via SAP via DB 13 the standby dont get any log files unless i restart the database and SAP )

So the error in the offline backup mentioned above in my post occurred at 29 OCT 15: 45 20

BR0302E SQLPLUS call for database instance UHP failed

BR0306E Start and open of database instance UHP failed

after this my primary database comes up & sap starts but the DR server dont get any logs & also the backup logs show the above errors in red

Given below is the text from Oracle alert file for the same time duration when the system tries to start the database & the above mentioned error comes up in opening the database time Stamp : OCT 29 15: 45 20

Deprecated system parameters with specified values:

log_archive_start

End of deprecated system parameter listing

This is the only oracle alert log errors i can find relevant to database instance errors from DB 14

moreover in the alert file it also starts the data broker service relevant to i guess DR server in that all seems fine it starts everything then it gives this error & then keeps giving errors ( from oracle alert log file )

Error 12154 received logging on to the standby

Fri Oct 29 15:45:37 2010

Errors in file /oracle/UHP/saptrace/background/uhp_arc0_12086.trc:

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

FAL[server, ARC0]: Error 12154 creating remote archivelog file 'UHR'

FAL[server, ARC0]: FAL archive failed, see trace file.

Errors in file /oracle/UHP/saptrace/background/uhp_arc0_12086.trc:

ORA-16055: FAL request rejected

ARCH: FAL archive failed. Archiver continuing

ORACLE Instance UHP - Archival Error. Archiver continuing

& then keep on saying given below error in oracle alert log file

Fri Oct 29 15:51:32 2010

Errors in file /oracle/UHP/saptrace/background/uhp_arc8_12102.trc:

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

PING[ARC8]: Heartbeat failed to connect to standby 'UHR'. Error is 12154.

Thanks for your help again i would appreciate a little more assistance on this.

Edited by: Prashant Shandilya on Oct 31, 2010 12:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you copy your archive logs to /backup/UHPARCH//UHP/ during online and offline backups then both time the execution should fail. As the user you have scheduled the backup don't have permission to above folder.

About your DR issue, you can stop/start primary database at anytime and should not affect your DR database.

>>ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Can you please check Note 443867 - ORA-12154 Collective SAP note

Also you need to perform few tests from your primary server using tnsping and the same from your DR server to Primary.

tnsping <YOUR DR Server TNS entry>, (in our case tnsping XIPSBY)

Also check whether your DR server listener is running.

Answers (0)