Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Price to Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Below is the scenario ,

we create project , add material component to the structure , as per std material price is retrieved depending on the valuation vatiant.

the requirement is

for project , client will get extra discount for a material from supplier , so they want to take lower price ( less than listed price in material master ) to the project estimation to create quotation.

same material no. but the above price might vary for different projects .

let me know if anyone worked on this , if yes, then what process you followed in SAP to get the prices.

if more info required ,please let me know.

thanks

vishwa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using PReq+Res as procurement indicator, then you can maintain the price(inclusive of discount) in material component overview screen itself, by this way you can have different prices for individual project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In 'planned cost for network', the valuation variant can be modified to take prices from different documents or masters. In the valuation variant, you can choose 'planned price 1', 'planned price 2' and 'planned price 3' ( fields available in material master, Costing 1 view). You maintain this discounted price in above fields and set this as first priority in valuation variant for planned cost calculations. Apart from above fields, you can also choose the moving average price or standard price.

Regards,

Mahendra Dighe

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You will get the discount at time of price negotiation with the vendor not at tiime of project estimation. I hope that will not be the business requirement. What I believe is your client know that they will get the discount from the supplier earlier as per regular transactions with the vendor but they will fix the price only at time of PO. Through valuation variant you can pull the standard price/ MAP or planned prices.

You can mainain info record for the material and vendor combination and can use it for price determination (with discount entered in info record conditions).