cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuration in BRTOOLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My Development & Production Server running in Linux O/S, My Tape drive connected to Windows server .

How can I configure it in BRTOOLS.

Kindly advise me.

Regards

guna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Backup to a remote tape device is not supported for remote hosts running a Windows operating system.

Refer this Link [Backup to a Remote Tape Device|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/05/9364bc66f74849968da259be8ca430/content.htm] to get more information.

Ask your Storage Administrator or Backup/OS Administrator to mount/map the Tape Device (which is connected to Windows host) on Linux/unix host and get the tape address of such Tape device using ioscan -fnC tape command. And specify the same in init<SID>.sap profile which used by br*tools programs for their various operations in Oracle.

The other possible option is the pipe backup using brbackup on the Tape device which is connected to Unix host. In this case you will have to provide the following required parameters in init<DBSID>.sap file.

backup_dev_type = pipe

remote_host

remote_user

tape_address (the tape address seen in the remote/local unix/linux host)

tape_address_rew (the tape address seen in the remote/local unix/linux host)

.rhosts files at HOME location of specified remote user need to be maintained in such pipe backup scenario in Unix environment.

Regards,

Bahvik G. Shroff