Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client copy shows successfully but shows lines are deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Experts,

please clarify my doubt,

here i done client refresh in test mode from production to quality client

in scc3 it shows successfully but in that same log file shows some lines are deleted

i dont understand is that my client refresh is finished or failed please clarify

and another doubt is please let me

what is pre activities for to do client copy in remote client copy

when we performed client copy any data lost in that server(other clients data)

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

During client copy it will overwrite the dat ato existing client , so that is why you can seelog as line deleted etc , so this is normal only .

what is pre activities for to do client copy in remote client copy

You must refer some relevant note , or

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/pt/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

when we performed client copy any data lost in that server(other clients data)

It will overwrite only target client , so if you have other client in target system , those will not be effected.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gagan,

thanks for your prompt response ,

and i have another doubt

why we need to lock client at the time of client refresh

if we overwrite target client and dont have effects to other clients in target system

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swathi,

why we need to lock client at the time of client refresh

if we overwrite target client and dont have effects to other clients in target system

You need to lock source and target client only ...It is not mandatory to lock other clients of source or target system.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Few more precautions that need to taken before you do client copy from one system to another system

1.Both systems must have same support package level

2.In production there should not be any background jobs running especially during month end like GL processing, period closing etc.

3.Run the database update statics in target client before you start, sometimes your client copy keeps running for long time if you wonu2019t do it.

4.Temporary increase the parameter value rdisp/max_wprun_time from 600 to 6000 in RZ11.

5.Besure about the profile you select i.e. if your selecting any one out of SAP_RMBC, SAP_RMPA, SAP_RMPC these profiiles, your cross client customization will also get change in all client in target systems.

I normally follow these steps along with the precautions suggested by Gagan.

Hope it will help you out.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Answers (0)