Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fork Workflow Customized Conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to design a fork workflow for the below mentioned scenario:

Main path is for production system with mandatory risk analysis & 2nd parallel path is for my QA system with no restrictions on risk analysis.

But when I tried to design the fork workflow, I found the available conditions are "SAP" & "NonSAP" only. It seems fork workflow needs to be used to differentiate SAP systems with non SAP systems only

I am wondering whether is it possible to implement a fork workflow to differentiate a SAP system with another SAP system based on their SIDs or their application category types like production, non production & others.

Regards,

Dasarad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Thanks for your reply & confirmation.

I am wondering whether any other option is there or not for my below mentioned requirement.

I have my GRC system with only CUP component is connected to ECC prod & QA. where as RAR component is connected to only ECC prod with cup integration aswell.

Now my requirement is in a CUP request, risk analysis need to be done for ECC prod system only for QA system no risk analysis.

I planed to route the request to main path for prod & other parallel path for QA by using their application category type (i.e prod, non prod, others) or their SIDs. Now it is cleared that it is not possible.

Also as per your suggestion better to go for raising individual requests for prod, non prod systems.

Now what I am looking is, will there be any other solution like fork path wiyth some other conditions, etc...

Regards,

Dasarad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The other way to achieve this would be connect QA also to RAR but do not generate any rules for QA. This way it will run the analysis for QA but will not find any risks. Again, you won't be able to do any fork or parallel path but at least users can select both prod and QA systems in one request.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only available conditions for fork are SAP and Non-SAP systems. I don't think, you can build a fork for prod and non-prod systems. This type of parallel workflow is not possible in 5.X. We had to train users so that they don't select prod and non prod systems in one request.

Regards,

Alpesh