cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC/BAPI used to create link in SAP R/3 link table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have an external content server connected to SAP R/3.

This content server has lots of scanned document,

Now my requirement is like this .. i want to send some parameters (related to scan docs) to SAP R/3 so that accoeding to these parameters link can be created in SAP R3 Link table.

Please tell me which RFC/BAPI is used to create LINK in R3 Table.

Thanks

sandeep sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

FM ARCHIV_CONNECTION_INSERT worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Correct me if wrong. In SAP DMS there is provision in standard for object link, this is the only field can help you linking the DIR to other standard SAP objects. what's you requirement ,can you brief me?

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ravindra

We are integrating SAP R3 to an external content server which is a DMS itself using archive link SAP HTTP 4.5 interface

or you can say that we have a optical disk connecd to SAP R3. now my disk has lots of scanend doc. so now i want to send doc id to SAP r3 using RFC or BAPI which can create link in SAP R3 table.

So which RFC we can use?

thanks

sandeep

Edited by: sandeep sharma on Oct 30, 2010 9:40 AM

Edited by: sandeep sharma on Oct 30, 2010 11:44 AM

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

if I understood your request correctly, you have a server with scanned originals and now you want to create new document info records in your R/3 system where a link is attached for this scanned images.

So in this case you can use for example BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 which will be helpful in creating new document info records and you can also attach original files to it. For further information on the available DMS BAPIs please see SAP note 722677 or the documentation in transaction BAPI.

Further you can also install EasyDMS on your PC. This is a kind of Add-In for the Explorer. EasyDMS could be used to logon to your backend system and using the Explorer to create new document info records by drag&drop files to the EasyDMS folder structure. For each orginal normally a new document info record should be created in the backend system.

For further information on EasyDMS please see also the DMS WIKI area under

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/DocumentManagement%28CA-DMS%29 or

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/NewSupportPackage6patch1forEasyDMS7.0

Best regards

Christoph