cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to filter with @variable('BOUSER')

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody...

I need yor help, im having problems with a filter in my universe...

seems this is very simple but not for me... because I have tried to filter rows with vendor number.. im using a BW query as a source for universe....

Im testing in the infoview with a vendor number "100051" .. that is the user id...

and in my univer there are rows for many vendors... then i made a condition and i cant see any records...

The properties of the condition in the Where section is:

<FILTER KEY="@Select(Proveedor\L01 Proveedor Clave)"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Equal"><CONSTANT CAPTION="@variable('BOUSER')"></CONSTANT></CONDITION></FILTER>

Let me tell you that if i change for a fixed value like this:

<FILTER KEY="@Select(Proveedor\L01 Proveedor Clave)"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Equal"><CONSTANT CAPTION="100051"></CONSTANT></CONDITION></FILTER>

it works fine... the webi report brings me the rows for that vendor number...

Can you tellme what am doing wrong...?? i guess @variable('BOUSER') is the user id....

Thanks in advance for your comments...

Regards...

M.Mendiola

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments...

It did not work..

Le me tell you that in WEBI i use a substr sentence... like this:

=Subcadena(UsuarioActual();9;6) Becuase the user logged on looks like this BIQ~225/100051 that means BIQ is the name of the system and 225 is mandant number.

the result of the previous sentence is 100051

the lenguage iám using is spanish... but i guess in english is some thing like this:

=Substring(Currentuser();9;6)

Do you know to display the user in the universe? or how many things contains the result of @variable('BOUSER') ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification, SAP MDX does not support calculated expressions that return string or date.

So you can't use a substring in your filter, this is an SAP BW limitation.

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didier.. thank you very much....

Regards

M.Mendiola

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

based on the information you have provided I assume that the vendor number must return a string value rather than a numeric value.

I am also a bit surprised concerning the second filter you wrote. You said it works but it seems that the XML syntax is incorrect but anyway if it works that's perfect.

I suggest that you write your expression like this:

<FILTER KEY="@Select(Proveedor\L01 Proveedor Clave)">
<CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Equal">
<CONSTANT CAPTION="&quot;@variable('BOUSER')&quot;"></CONSTANT>
</CONDITION></FILTER>

This will add double-quotes enclosing the vendor number.

Regards,

Didier

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i'm not familiar with BW universes that much

but can you try

<FILTER KEY="@Select(Proveedor\L01 Proveedor Clave)"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Equal"><CONSTANT CAPTION=@variable('BOUSER')></CONSTANT></CONDITION></FILTER>

hope it works