cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Sender File Adapter to pick couples files in order !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am really looking for one requirement like, Sender file adapter has to pick multiple files by file name based with some time gap? Can we?

I have got one BPM in this, I have tried with Process mode : Name and Date, with wait step on BPM, but no use. The way how PI behaving, if 40 files in file directory, it is picking all files in one shot. Start processing but not in order.

The problem is on Receiver system side. The receiver system is SNC system, if old data receives later than earlier date data; we get data obsolete application error.

Ex: If I receive 25th and 26th files, first I need to process 25th first on PI sends to SNC, I need to give some time gap and pick another file or even PI picks and process 26th file, no problem but I need to give some time gap to send SNC to this 26th date file?

Please how guys, throw me your great ideas

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

San

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
if 40 files in file directory, it is picking all files in one shot. Start processing but *not in order*.

Use Processing Sequence "By Date" in sender adapter. If this option doesn't work in your scenario use QoS EOIO.

Regards,

TK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried with EOIO options, I have used in one Queue on BPM, still no use.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you confirm what kind of file source you are using (NFS/FTP)?

Regards,

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

as you said it is SNC system , it will not generate all file at once right?

so , this problem should not arise, as SNC will generate files one by one PI will pick the files one by one and using EOIO you can process it in order.

then also , below is easier solution of your problem

-- write down a small OS level script to move those file based on timestamp to some other folder based on timestamp in order and process it through PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please give me code, if you have this OS script!!

Thanks

San

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure this works or not , You can try by creating two communication channels for two files , Keep the poll interval in two channels as say 60 , 120

file 1 will have interval as 60

file 2 will have interval as 120

In my case I had three files , never went for scripting , I used the same idea , and its working well in production

regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appropriate for two files...but in his case he is picking nearly 40 files.

delay for last file = 60*40

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

@ Sandhya

If there are 40 files , can you please specify how many types of files are ther like say first A type shud be picked then B type then C type and so on so forth ?

LIke in my case I had only three types of files file1 and file 2 file 3

and in the directory also only three files will be placed at a time

you need to have some logic to separate the type of files in differnt folders and then process them

@ farooq yes . it will create problem if 40 files are kept at a time .

Regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has to consider this enhancement in SAP PI. Picking files or messages based on certains order.

I am thinking of appropriate solution for this ( considering your interface performance and monitoring).

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is how we did it.

1.two interface flow created

2. one interface will get the files into one common directory

3. this interface is scheduled to run once or twice everyday which will pick up the files from the common directory and post to SNC

the advantage is that most of the time in the common directory you will have both the required files. But having said this the business should be flexible in providing you a schedule window.