Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCA Managed SID users password locked

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The configuration of the managed system went well for SID DR2. I have given Dialog user for the configuration of managed system and it created SMDAGENT_SMP and SAPSUPPORT users. But now when my Dialog user password is changed (due to its expiry), the RCA of some part is locking the Dialog user of managed system DR2 as its using same old password.

My question is whether this behaviour is happend to anyone else, and if it happend how to solve it.

Thanks,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rohan,

Sounds like you have specified a user of type "Dialog", when you should have used "Service" or "Communication".

As you are aware Dialog users passwords age (expire), and if the Username/password is saved during setup, using a dialog user, as soon as that password expires and forces a change, then the stored password will no logonger be valid, and failed logon attempts will lock out the user. You can unlock the user, but the invalid logons will persist.

Even if you run setup again, if you persist in using as dialog user, the problem will recurr as soon as the password expires again. The solution is to use the correct user Type for the provided users during setup.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks paul.

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

If you are refering to SAPSUPPORT user being locked, check if you have changed the password for this user in the Setup Wizard for the system DR2.

1. Diagnostics Setup

2. Managed Systems

3. Setup Wizard

4. Setup Parameters

Under "Initial User/Passwords" inform the new password and rerun the setup.

If you are refering to the Diagnostics agent user being locked, refer to "RCA User Administration Guide" section 2.3.8. There you will see how to update the password for this user.

["RCA User Administration Guide"|https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000086995&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_OBJECT=011000358700000178012009E]

Kind Regards,

Allam Drebes