Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info package and Data Targets

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see there are two Info packages for a Data Source. When I click the Data Target tab, there are 2 info cubes listed.

These 2 info cubes are listed in both the info packages. How will I know which info package in for which Info cube.

thanks and regards

Murugesan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murugesan

Your question itself has the answer ! Since the data targets for both infopackages are two infocubes it means the info cubes are associated with both infopackages. That is these two info packages are loading data to 2 info cubes. In general two info packages may be created because the selection for which you are loading the data may be different. One more thing is that one of these info packages may be associated with a process chain.

Thanks

Aparna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Murugesan

Like Aparna stated that two info packagaes must be created for different selection. Other use that i can think of one info package must be being used for a full load while the other may be used for a delta upload depending upon the requirement.

You can only differentiate between two info packages by check the data target (in your case the info cube).

Rgds, Sandeep