cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install version 4.6 for training only?

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can I install a sap system of version 4.6 for only for training?... because I pretend to learn how to do an upgrade sap version 4.6 to ECC 6. I have a windows or linux server 64 bits available, the database can be Oracle or SQL. The problem is at this moment (I believe because sap do not longer support installations of sap version 4.6) I don´t find for download the DVD media and installation guides...! But this would only be for training, so I not need support from SAP. Where I can download this DVD media? Can someone send me that? There are sap notes for this version...!?

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has extended the maintenance with extendance maintenace contract for 4.6C until 2013.

Unless you sign you may not be able to download the media even if you say you will be using it for Training systems only

For details Link: [https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/maintenance]

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay Kottappan,

Ok! But I don´t understand one thing in PAM and in installation guides on SAP Marketplac... Can I install R/3 4.6C on windows 2003... because I saw only windows 2000 server! Can you confirmed it ? Other thing... what is the last release? SR2 is the last, am I right? And the Kernel of 4.6C is SAP KERNEL 4.6D_EX2 or SAP KERNEL 4.6D_EXT... what are the differences between the two?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP Kernel is linked with a specific version of the database client software and built on a particular release of operating system compiler. follow: Note 1086956 - 46D_EX2 Kernels

4.6c is supported on WIN 2000 & 2003.

yes the Release for 4.6C is only SR2 is last.