cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export and Deployment - Best Practices for RAR and CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I wanted to know what in your opinon is best practice for deployment for GRC for a 3 system landscape.

We have a development landscape which connacts to all our environments - Dev-QA-Prod.

Is it recommended to have just the production client connected to the prodiction boxes only and use Dev/ QA for other environments or is it a good idea to have Prod and QA in sync?

In my opinion it looks like a good idea to have the same QA and PROD as it would make export easier.. Maybe I am worng..

What according to you all is a good recommended practice here?

Thanks,

Chinmaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

depends how many clusters you have in your landscape

if it is something like 5 DEV box to connect 5 QAS boxes, so on

then best practice will be to have separate DEV - QAS - PRD boxes for GRC if money (h/w ) is no constraint for organization

rather than later asking SAP for deletion scripts for deleting sandbox or dev connectors,

best to have separate boxes for each

also for future whenever you do rule changes in RAR and config changes in CUP, best to test in QAS first, as CUP will become very critical for your organization, post go-live

and good part will be that management report will reflect true data for PRD only

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surpreet,

Thats exactly my point, When we export the config data from dev to QA and to Prod, it export's all the connector data as well and there seems to be no way of leaving that behind. Am I correct in saying so, My concern is more out of keeping the three systems in sync if we have a 3 system landscape,only from a config prospective at the same time I dont want to have dev and QA data reflecting on the prodiction instance either. So basically I dont want the dev and QA connectors on production, but I would like to have the configuration in sync.

Is there any easy way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Chinmaya

Edited by: chinmaya prakash on Nov 1, 2010 9:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chinmaya,

this functionality was not there in earliar version, so not sure..............

please contact SAP for this.

they should provide this option ....... 'not to select connectors....'

please check SAP note, may be thay had fixed this.......

even if you don't export configuration data, even then i will recommend to have different servers (may be one as backup for CUP)

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay so I found a note 1416728, which would help in deployment as of GRC 5.3 SP10 it offers system deletion functionality which is inbuilt. And you can delete systems and/or rules leaving the configuration data intact.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm not saying this is best practice but it worked in my previous client's system. DEV connected to allow role remediation and test role/ user level changes. PROD to run SoD as-is analysis for workshop reports and keep it clean. I'm not sure if connecting to QA is a benefit?

Cheers

David