Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Mapping to a backend system issue

0 Kudos

Hello all,

In a system SAP Netweaver I find the following Issue:

- There is a backend system configured working using SAPLOGONTICKET connection;

- There are users that exist in the SAP R3 Backend system that open the Iview configured with SMEN SAP transaction

However there are other SAP Portal users that need user mapping to this backend SAP R3 system.

When trying to mapping a user to a SAP Portal user using User Administration -> User Mapping, after choose the System alias to map to, it gives the following error :

"Could not read the selected user mapping data because the encryption mode used to store it does not match the one that is currently active.

If you switched from weak encryption to strong encryption, switch back to weak encryption and run the migration (System Administration > System Configuration > UM Configuration > Security Settings) again to make sure all user mapping data using weak encryption is converted to use strong encryption. For details, see SAP Note 796540."

I've followed the SAP Note and it allways change automaticly ume.usermapping.unsecure=false, although I set it to True.

I am trying to do this using "administrator" user one of which gives the error.

Any indications or ideas are wellcome.

Kind Regards

Sílvia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you restart after changing the value?

You can also use the direction from the note below to make this change.

Link: [https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/833891]

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Thanks for your help but I've already try it without success.It seems to be a problem with some users in the SAP Portal that cannot access to UME even if I try to modify the unsecure propriety with the users that can load UME.

Even with this ones the modification is not allowed.Maybe some permission or rules problem undetected by messages and logs.

Kind Regards

Sílvia