cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change SC status when PO has been canceled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Landscape: SRM 4.0, R/3

Standard scenario.

I want to reactivate a shopping cart that has become a PO but the PO has been canceled.

I mean, the standard functionality its to close any document that its related with the PO that has been canceled, if it's a quote then you cannot use the quote or shopping cart one more time cuz they have been closed... I need to reactivate the quote or shopping cart that its related with the canceled PO document.

The document flow may be the following:

SC -> PO

SC -> quote -> PO

In both cases i need to reactivate the last document before the PO.

Do you have any suggestions? comments?

Is there any FM that can change the document status?

Thanks a lot in advance...

Gerardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo,

I don't know whether it will be useful to you but just sharing our efforts for similar purpose.

Our aim was to update SC status at item level when the PR is closed in R/3 for a classic scenario.

the R/3 FM BBP_STATUS_READ is involved in this.

But we got a reply from SAP OSS saying that this functionality is not yet mapped in SRM and a development request should be raised.

We did so.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

Thnx for your reply, but let me check if i understood... You close a R3 PR and then you update the SC (closed status) at SRM because this functionality isn't mapped yet, so you have developed this logic in order to update the process in SRM. Isn't it?

The fact is that i need to reactivate the SC (open status) after the PO has been canceled, cuz this client has the budget (legacy app) linked to the SC number :S and its almost imposible to request a change in that legacy system, so thats why they want this development at SRM.

If you have any suggestion that may help us to achieve this task, please reply...

Thnx in advance.

Regards,

Gerardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure, but the best way is to update legacy app with PO number instead of SC number when the PO is created.

Bertrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bertrand,

The problem with this issue is that the legacy is not so flexible to change, now they have linked the SC number to the budget account, so that's why we need to try to reactivate the SC even when the standard functionality it's to create a new SC number... but the legacy doesn't support to change the SC number, so the solution that you have proposed it's not so reliable.

Any other suggestion?

Best regards,

Gerardo.

Answers (0)