cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue in Webi rep when using custom object from SAP BW univ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had to design a report that runs for the previous day and hence we had created a custom object which ranks the dates and then a pre-defined filter which picks the date with highest rank.

the definition for the rank variable(in universe) is as follows:

<expression>Rank([0CALDAY].Currentmember, Order([0CALDAY].Currentmember.Level.Members ,Rank([0CALDAY].Currentmember,[0CALDAY].Currentmember.Level.Members), BDESC))</expression>

Now to the issue I am currently facing,

The report works fine when we ran it on a test environment ie :with small amount of data.

Our production environment has millions of rows of data and when I run the report with filter it just hangs.I think this is because it tries to rank all the dates(to find the max date) and thus resulting in a huge performance issue.

Can someone suggest how this performance issue can be overcome?

I work on BO XI3.1 with SAP BW.

Thanks and Regards,

Smitha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't you use a variable/predefined filter on BW side?

Or consider LAG function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using a variable on the BW side is not feasible since we want to use the same BW query for a few other reports as well.

Could you please explain what you mean by 'use LAG function'.How can it be used in this scenario?

Thanks and Regards,

Smitha Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant you have functions like LEAD, LAD and also PreviousMember which might help avoiding the costly RANK you've set up.

Answers (0)