cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risk Analysis Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am getting following error when running a risk analysis for some users when running in foreground:

500 Connection timed out

Error: -5

version: 7000

Component: ICM

Module: icxxthr_mt.c

Line: 2698

Error tag: {-}

Detail: Connection to partner timed out after 60s

Also when I tried to run risk analysis for some users in background mode it got failed and the log is showing the following error:

********msg: 'com.virsa.cc.common.message.dao.dto.MessageDTO@5a445a44'

Oct 29, 2010 1:33:42 PM com.virsa.cc.common.message.util.MessagingHelper getMessage

INFO:

********msg: 'com.virsa.cc.common.message.dao.dto.MessageDTO@5a445a44'

Oct 29, 2010 1:33:42 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.riskanalysis.dao.dto.RAReportDTO readSpoolReportLines

FINEST: readSpoolReportLines done, lines read=1 memory changed=0M, free=1275M, total=2048M, time spent skip:0ms, total: 0ms

Oct 29, 2010 1:33:42 PM com.virsa.cc.common.RiskAnalysisReport render

INFO: RiskAnalysisReport render: memory changed=0M,free=1274M, total=2048M

This same error got huge number of times in the RAR log.

Can any one help me in resolving this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

create one user with risk in backend (DEV or QAS) and then without any SYNC , do risk analysis on that user (may be at action level)

if RAR don't show conflict then connection to that system is lost (broken)

please let me know the result........

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your response@all.

Just to clarify you more, the user that is used by GRC system to connect to SLD is different from the user which is used in connectors for connecting to backend systems.

So once my basis team changed the user type, password my connectors are working & I am able to run risk analysis for some users. But for few users I got the above mentioned two types of error messages when running risk analysis in foreground & background respectively.

Regards,

Dasarad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the background system you are trying to connect to online? Also check the connector once again. to see if it works.

The best way to do that is to use the RAR debugger and try to get the users from the background.

Thanks,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

thanks for your response.

I have maintained all the settings as per standard notes/config guide only. Also one more point I would like to mention here is this error we getting surprisingly today only.

Also when i run risk analysis for a user(for whom foreground is showing time out error) in background mode it is showing no risks one time & showing some risks when I run it again.

One point I would like to mention here is before getting these errors the password for the user that connects GRC system to SLD is expired. then our basis team changed the password & changed the user type such that its password will not get expired in future.

I am wondering whether is this causing this type of unpredictable results & errors?

Just to avoid this type of confusions I asked my basis team to restart the GRC server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What type is the user now?

Is the password updated for the connector in RAR?

Did you updated the password in the VIRSA connector in Content Management?

Is the CC Debugger able to fetch users/roles from the backend system?

This should help you to isolate the root cause.

Hope this helps!!

Warm Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the performance settings under Configuration tab.

Change the background process time to the maximum possible.

Rgds,

Raghu