cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to String field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I want to map the content of an Idoc to one String field, but I don't know how to do this. Can anybody help me?

Best regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using PI 7.1 , then no need of JAVA Mpaping, use return as XML option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I use PI 7.10,

what do you mean with return as xml option?

Thank you

BR Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look:

/people/jyothi.anagani/blog/2010/06/17/convert-the-input-xml-to-string-in-pi-71-using-standard-graphical-mapping

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Return of XML means to bring the complete content of the source message type into a single field in output.

Perform the below steps:

Right-click on "Source Message Type" and select "Return as XML" in the dropdown menu. This will return XML.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

thanks for your advices, but I have a general problem. My Mapping is IDOC to StringField. But when I start testing the Message Mapping by loading an IDOC as XML-File, I have no values when I display the Queue. I did the mapping as mentioned in the Blog.

What is my error?

Thanks and best regards,

Martin

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you test mapping in message mapping test tab, is it genarating target structure or not??

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, target structure is not generated. Just the Header Node. But not the whole structure

BR

Martin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved. Target structure is generated and Idoc is mapped to the StringField.

Thanks for your help

BR Martin

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I want to map the content of an Idoc to one String field, but I don't know how to do this. Can anybody help me?

If you explain detailled what you want to achieve, then somebody might be able to help you.

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to write a JAVA map for this

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/JavaMapping-ConverttheInputxmlto+String

refer this wiki , similiar lines you have to do

Regards

Ninad