cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Connection to Backend System SAP Web AS 620

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've just installed the SAP Netweaver Developer Studio and want to try the Demo Application Flights, which makes an adaptive RFC call against an SAP R/3 backend system. All I have on my notebook is an SAP Web AS 6.20 MiniWAS System without a J2EE Engine and thus without a SLD.

How can I connect my Web Dynpro application with the backend system?

Thanx in advance for any hints.

Regards,

Volker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

obsolete question ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

obsolete question ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanx for ASAP reply. But: Where/how can I get a SAP Web AS 640 Engine? As far as I know there is now MiniWAS 640 for local PC installation available, isn't it?

Is there really no workaround to establish an RFC connection to my SAP Web AS 6.20 MiniWAS backend system installed on my notebook?

Thanx!

Regards,

Volker

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can download the sneak preview from SDN. It has a 6.40 engine which is valid for 90 days for you to test out you applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Okay. One last question: Does this sneak preview also contain an ABAP engine?

Thanx and have a nice weekend!!

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So these are really bad news. In fact that means that a (non-SAP) person currently has no chance to develop and test SAP WebDynpro for Java Applications with RFC connections to SAP backends - unless he/she is a lucky guy having all that nice new netweaver components installed in the company ... incl. a full featured SAP Web AS 40 with an ABAP an a JAVA engine.

In fact that means that the current state of SAP Netweaver Developer Studio is unacceptable for (again non-SAP) SAP technical consultants like me ...

;-(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Former Member
0 Kudos

Life's not so bad.

You can try downloading the Java Engine 6.40 from the SDN and try connecting it to the Mini WAS 6.20 installed on your notebook. Your company must be having R/3 4.6 DEV system try connecting to that.

No ones telling you that Java 6.40 connects only to ABAP 6.40

Regards

Pran

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You will need a 6.40 engine which has the webdynpro runtime and configure the SLD on that engine.