Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate production order due to sales order on credit block

alvin_aquino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts !

Need feedback on the following scenario:

- Sales order is entered for material which is produced in-house specific to the sales order (ie customer's logo is on product).

- Schedule line in sales order creates a production order specific to the sales order.

- Customer runs into credit check a few days later and consequently the schedule line in the sales order is removed due to credit block, however the linked production order still remains and is produced by factory.

- Sales order is released from credit check and a new schedule line is created resulting in another production order being released.

Any ideas on how to prevent duplication of production order?

Thanks in advance!

-Alvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alvin_aquino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Apologies for the confusion, let me explain it a bit more.

- Sales order is entered for material with planning strategy group of make-to-order, the schedule line initiates new production order for make-to-order material.

- A few days later - the customer goes over credit limit or has overdue invoices, etc..

- During background rescheduling (or any sales order change) the sales order gets a credit block due to static check.

- Sales order block deleted schedule line in sales order, however the production order remains active.

- Once the sales order is released from credit block, a new schedule line is created which initiates a new production order.

- Duplicate production order is now being made in shop floor.

I hope the above explains my scnario a little clearer.

Thanks and regards,

Alvin

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in t.code OVB5 for any routine is assigned.

You may need to modify or deactivate the routine per your requirement. Use t.code VOFM to modify the coding of the routine if needed.

Check OSS Note 80891 - Credit release creates new production order for further information (you can check allied notes, which are given in this note also).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the production order is created, there is no way to for the system to automatically deleted the production order when you make any amendment in the SO. You must manually delete the production order.

Thanks.

alvin_aquino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your reply but I know that the production order does not get deleted.

It is the scedule line in the sales order which gets deleted when it gets a credit block status causing the link between the sales orer and production order for the make-to-order material to dissapear.

I think OSS Note 80891 which Shiva suggested will fix this. I will implement the note and perform some tests and let you all know of the outcome soon.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Regards,

Alvin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alvin

Run the SDRQCR21 reporte by se38

See the note 1166713

Filipe Borges

alvin_aquino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, however I don't believe the OSS note has anything to do with the issue which i have posted.

Regards,

Alvin