cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a scenerio where I am trying to map an Extended PO IDOC (ORDERS) to a xml message. When I test the mapping in IR by passing the same data as in IDoc, I do not see any error and it is successfully completed.

But when I execute the scenerio then I get an error in SXMB_MONI saying that "RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation". I tried passing the payload into the IR once again, but then I realized that there are some segments of IDOC like EAEDK14, E1EDC01 appearing more than once in the payload but in the IDoc structure ín IR, I have these segments only once. I am not sure if this is the reason of the error.

If anyone has created a scenerio like this then please throw some light on this issue. Thanks!!

Br

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the occurence of the segments , if you have customized an IDoc , check from business perspective which segment will occur how many times , what relevant data it has . After you have checked this ,, In PI source side you can duplicate segment or if it is some data you can use node functions to handle

Hope this helps

Regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

Thanks for the feedback I have found the occurences of the segments and was trying to duplicate the segments in source message (which is an extended Idoc) in Message Mapping. I could not find the option to repeat/duplicate the segments. It is very simple in target message but not able to do the same in source message. Could you please let me know how to duplicate the segment in source message?

Br

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Goto Test tab -->Message Mapping in IR, You would be able to find the structure of the sender. Select the node which you would like to duplicate, right click on it. Now, you will find the option to duplicate.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareen!!

I did that in IR but as I mentioned earlier I was not getting any error in IR Test. When I actually executed the scenerio but creating an IDOC in source system the message is stuck in XI and the error is "RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation"

Any ideas on what must have gone wrong?

Thanks!!

Br

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the IDOC is customized or standard? If customized check the occurance of the node.

IF the occurance of the node is 1(max) and if you try with post the data with more than one occurance then it should throw the mapping exacption error.

Thanks,

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Export the IDoc and open it in notepad , chnage the occurences of the segment which you feel are repeating to " o- unbounded"

Again re - import the IDoc as external definition and pass this external definition into your source structure of mapping

Now complete the mapping and test the scenario in runtime.

regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys!! I got the solution.