cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying existing projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know the ways to copy all existing projects in the system. The number of projects to be copied is in hundreds and its not easy to be done individually.

I need to copy only the project definition and WBS elements, without any networks, activities, documents, PS Texts etc.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP doesnt have a standard functionality for this case. LSMW is the only option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The projects are existing in SAP system. I am short on time and wanted to know a quick solution, otherwise, LSMW was always an option.

Any solutions?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you give more details like from where you are coping to where?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im copying with in the same client.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So are you trying to create a new project copying the existing project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Im creating new projects to copy all the existing projects with in a client. I need to copy only the project definition and wbs elements and nothing else.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read SAP Help...it clearly says how to create project by copying existing one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any option of doing it collectively? As I said earlier, there are hundreds of such projects that I have to copy and cant do them individually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Ahsan stated he is not interested in copying the projects one by one. He's looking for some kind of mass processing functionality. I don't think it is available in standard SAP.

LSMW seems to be one of the solutions.

Cheers, Aleksandra

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try LSMW or BDC...But, Once you create by copying, the system will prompt you to replace the WBSE code. So you have to be careful at that point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Seems like LSMW is the only option. Thanks all for your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your projects are available in which form. Either as suggested in the earlier post, upload through LSMW or If you can put them in MSP, upload the projects using MSP - SAP PS interface.

Vinodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For data migration you can use LSMW (Legacy System Migration Workbench). There is plenty of instructions available online that explain how to use it,

Good luck, Aleksandra