cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM in SP10

0 Kudos

Hello, Please can someone assist. I am setting up SPM. I plan to use Role based administration.

Do I need to do any set up in the UME. Previously in early release of 5.3 I used the UME to set up controllers, owners etc.

Is that still necessary. I have the security guide, and have printed out the HELP from the SAP website, but I still do not understand.

e.g. if I want a user to have a firefighter role, I know that i do that in the work bench, is it still necessary to allocate the user the role ?VIRSA/Z_VFAT_FIREFIGHTER, and do I do that via the SAP GUI?

Please can you help.

Thank you

Jill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jill,

UME roles needs to be assigned, if you wish to allow the controllers/owners to view the web-based "Role based reports". You need to add the worksets to create the SPM role in UME and assign the same to those who require it.

However, in the SPM, you need not a assign any roles as like you assign for ID based SPM (/virsa/z_vfat_firefighter) since no user ID is assigned to the users.

FYI.. The role based firefighter may not be appropriate since it may create some critical risks, when a critical role is tagged to the existing open risks for the user.

Both of them have pros and cons. Ensure that you are not opening more risks with implementing Role based firefighter.

Hope this information helps you!!

Warm Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

well it is good way to track all critical users with critical roles or in other terms may be it is used for tracking work done by contractors for few weeks

organisation requirement i will say...........

i know couple of customers who use this concept (and btw this was developed on request from one of VIRSA customer )

regards,

Surpreet

....... my 2 cents .........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jill,

<< I plan to use Role based administration.>.

i expect in ABAP stack you had set concerened config parameter to YES, so that you can use Role base...

when you are using Role based SPM, then user work like regular user and don't need access to /VIRSA/VFAT tcode, as user is not required to login via SPM.

so user don't need FIREFIGHTER role

per my understanding.......... controllers and owners need to be set up in UME only if you use reporting in JAVA stack.

these will be dummy user ids, without any access in UME, however regular users in ABAP stack

please check user guide for more hlep.

regards,

Surpreet