cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode Font

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i am using barcode font C128_B in my sapscript as suggested by SAP as i convert the sapscript to pdf and so i cant use a barcode.

I have implemented the barcode font but it is not getting scanned by the scanner.

When written to SAP they have replied by the below text.

" I suppose the reason of the issue

that the start and stop code and the check digit are missing from your

barcode.

If we are checked your PDF it seems that last symbol is not a stop code.According the definition of C128 the last character have to be a STOP

character (2331112).

Please check that if you insert thise characters also, the barcode fontsare readable. ( note 645158 ) "

I am not able to understand where to insert the above STOP characters.

Any suggestion iwould be realy appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Ronak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronak,

If you uploaded the barcode font as a true type font via SE73, hten technically it is a font rather than a barcode. But it should work. The true type font should be embedded into the PDF if it is assigned correctly in the form? Do you assign the true type font in the sapscript as a character format for the text that you want to appear as a barocde?

Perhaps this is simply a problem with the Sapscript buffers. Can you run the report RSTXDELL on the system to clear the Sapscript buffers? To do this you can use RSTXDELL report with default settings except it you need to have * instead of the current client number in the Client field.

After this, you need to create a new PDFand see if the problem is resolved?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Will try ur suggestion on monday .

One thing i want to clear is that can i add prefix suffix to barcode font because the below link gives addition in system barcode.

When u click on fonts u can only see font conversion ( Correct me if i am wrong ) still will try and revert also if u do get any link to add start stop and check digit in c128_b type barcode font please revert wouuld be really helpful.

Hi Aidan would definetely try this one out as i feel it is quite relevant.

Thanks for ur input

Ronak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Tried the above solution but didnt work.

Can anyone plz give more details as how i can insert start stop and check code in C_128B Barcode font.

I have gone thru 645158 note but still couldnt get the desired output

Ronak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to print the barcode C128_B from SE73 txn. Take a printout and scan the barcode, post the result.

Regards

GK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

C128_B is barcode font not a barcode .

So i suppose its not possible to see the print preview in SE73.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me clear.. This Barcode font C128_B is created in the Txn. SE71 with New Bar Code Technology or Conventional System Barcode. If it is created with New barcode technology, you will able to do print preview as well as you can take printout of the barcodefont with some same data in SE73 itself.

Regards

GK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The barcode is not created using new or old technology ( Used for smartforms ) in se73 it is uploaded as true type font in SE73.

the same truetype font is then used in SAP script.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> The barcode is not created using new or old technology ( Used for smartforms ) in se73 it is uploaded as true type font in SE73.

> the same truetype font is then used in SAP script.

The old technology can be used for SapScript too.

Anyway, the start and stop commands are printer configuration

To Create a bar code sufix:

-> Go to t-code SPAD

-> Full Administration

-> Click on Device Type

-> Double click the device for which you wish to create the print control

-> click on print control tab

-> click on change mode

-> click the plus sign to add a row or sufix say SBS99 (sufix must start with SBS)

-> save you changes , it will ask for request

-> create request and save

I hope this helps:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/de/ee076cebd211d18e370000e83dd9fc/frameset.htm

regards,

Paulo